tried And So To Bed

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fr_Tom

Chaplain
Reaction score
I smoked two bowls of this today in a Comoy Canadian.

This was a great! It is a shag cut, although not so finely cut as cigarette rolling tobacco. Mine was from aged tobacco samples a brother sent, and so I don't know how it compares to the new.

The tobacco was a good moisture for me and I did nothing more than the geezer grab and stuff. It is hard to get shags packed just right, but it seemed to work.

The smoke was a tasty, sweet spicy flavor. There was some latakia there, but the signature was really sweet and spicy to me with just a little latakia smokiness. I found this a very enjoyable smoke. The first bowl was with (black and strong) coffee while finishing a wedding homily, and it was a great combo. When I got home from the wedding, luncheon, etc. (about 3), I decided that Comoy had rested enough and had another bowl.

I really like ASTB. It seems to have a lot of orientals, sort of light and fruity with some tang. I don't understand the name though, I prefer it during the day. Maybe it'll help me nap ...?

Excellent. I believe I read your review today. I love Margate and Pembroke. I have one tin of And So To Bed. Can't wait to open it.

A favorite of mine...when I can find it. I had a local source, but he's been out for months, if not longer. You are fortunate to get some, I think.

I have to say this is a tasty smoke. There is a slightly tangy thing going on. The flavor combo starts well and seems to grow on me.

Are there blends similar to this one out there? Any ASTB fans?

Fr_Tom":1ofogm2j said:
If you read a Fr_Tom review on tobaccoreviews.com, that was mine.
Yep. Nice review. Made me want to open my one and only tin. Think I am going to wait just a tad longer for the evenings to cool offs bit more. That's when the Latakia calls.

One of the brothers had a question about this "Comoy" pipe, and I went to take a picture of it. On closer inspection, I discovered it was a Chacom de luxe and not a Comoy. It is nothing especially fancy. I bought it on Ebay for a song and ended up having to put a band on a cracked shank. It was bought to replace a Canadian that had gone AWOL. I missed it. This pipe is a good smoker, but I don't smoke it as much as that old Grande Vizar I bought in Poitiers in 1979. As usual picture quality is not the best - my gifts are not on the artistic side of things.

Still...a nice looking pipe, Comoy or not.

Thanks for the pictures!