Troost Slices

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCook

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
OK, since I broached the subject elsewhere, and it doesn't show up in my searches...

I don't mean the plastic packets of ready rubbed. Not the same. I'm referring to the tinned version with a picture of an unfortunate gent in a pillory being assisted in puffing by a merciful chubby gent. I love that picture.

It seems to still be available in the EU. Since I like it, only that specific version was withdrawn from the US market so as to taunt me. Bastards. Pillocks.

Is there a reasonable equivalent that IS available in the US?

GCook....You broached the subject in the thread about Capstan and Three Nun's. The "Slices" are only available in The Netherlands, as I understand it. STG makes all the versions of Troost in the EU. Not at all sure it still comes in the yellow tins. I have not been able to locate a shop that will sell/ship to the US. I remember the tins well; wish I had saved some from back in the day (same for BS 759!!). The slices I have came in roughly square pouches; I still have one of them. Wish I knew of an equivalent blend here in the U.S. FWIW!!

I don't know anything about them but cigarwebshop.com carries Troost Slices for just over €9+ shipping. I didn't see any exclusion on shipping to the US except for Cuban cigars! You may want to contact customs to see what the import duties would be but I don't think it would amount to that much. Hope this helps.

Jim

huffelpuff":z8kiihou said:
I don't know anything about them but cigarwebshop.com carries Troost Slices for just over €9+ shipping. I didn't see any exclusion on shipping to the US except for Cuban cigars! You may want to contact customs to see what the import duties would be but I don't think it would amount to that much. Hope this helps.

Jim
I'll check them out!!! Thank you! FTRPLT

FTRPLT. Looks like the same place also has 3 Nuns that they're describing as Virginia, cavindish, oriental, and perique. Sounds like the original mixture to me. FWIW.

Jim

Thanks for an entertaining site with interesting tobaccos. Love the insight to european tastes and their earnest attempts of English language. I suspect semois may even be available here too.

What I was getting at originally was whether anyone here has found an equivalent TS blend produced by, say, C&D, McClellands or, more likely, an european blender sold here in the US. It's just burley and VA, though I recognize there are hundreds of variations of each. Maybe it's the TS topping I like so much. Cacao? Really? (sniffing my last tin... hmm... not as simple as that).

Unfortunately Troost Slices were long gone before I moved anywhere that had any kind of tobacco selection. Where I was you were lucky to have a choice between PA and Bull Durham. Maybe one of the other brothers can provide an option.

Jim

If anyone makes an order with the folks at cigarwebshop, let us know 1) if they'll take a US order; 2) if so, how it works out!