Trout Bum's Favorite Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Bum

Drag Free Drifter
Reaction score
Well, there I was, Friday afternoon, a day off, and nothing to do but... Take pipe pictures! I am a part time news photographer, and am quite familiar with shooting events/people... but close-ups of pipes? So, I gave it a shot, so to speak. I tried to get a little artsy fartsy, what with tobacco tin/fly reel/fly box/tobacco jars... At any rate, these are the results:

My favorite pipe -- an Ashton XX Brindle Pebble Grain straight billiard -- This pipe is incredible, in terms of lightness of weight and overall look and feel. But it's the smoking quality that really blows my mind -- this pipe is simply a fantastic smoker. It rocked my world from the first smoke!

A Rinaldo 1/8 bent rusticated egg --

And finally, a Boswell smooth stubby poker -- my girlfriend cracked up when I told her that "smooth stubby poker" was the official description of the pipe, as described on JM's website. It took me a second to get it...

Those are some NICE pipes. The pictures turned out well. My favorite is the bent egg.

I would say that is a fine start to a nice collection!

Very nice!

Great pipes, TB. I have an LJ Peretti pipe made by Bill Taylor (Ashton) same brandy shape as yours that's a great smoker also.
Photo's are superb. Being a fly fisherman I am dreaming of the ice going out up here in Maine already. And it's a loooong way off. lol
And I can see that you are proficient in tying your own selections.
Thanks for sharing the photos.
:D :D

Cool TB! I've been wanting to get my light tent out and shoot my collection in my studio, but just haven't got around to it. I'll bring it up so you can use it when you take me fly fishing! :lol:

I scored the Rinaldo on Ebay -- "stole" it from Coopersark! If you ever do business with him, he is A-1 in my book. It's a great pipe, visually stunning. I have only had it for a couple of months; break in is kinda slow, but as it seasons, I think it will be a superlative smoker. Here is another shot of this unique pipe -- check the bevelled rim!