trout trout trout

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
With the water level being low in this area, and the temp up, the trout are much easier to pinpoint. We headed for a small stream, rock bottom having several deep pools with areas of brush overhang. My son drifted worms with his spinning rig and I nailed some nice beauties with my fly rod and terrestrials. I lost more than I landed owing to my lack of skill, but had a great time. I kept a pair of browns for breakfast as did my boy. Stuffed with cornbread, wrapped in bacon, and browned slowly over hardwood on the grill there's nothing better. Anyone else having luck on the streams?

Hey man. We're heading out tomorrow to Colorado for a few days on the streams around Dolores (western CO). We'll see how it is.

Have you tried your hand at fly fishing those streams? I have always wanted to learn it.

*stomps around* Well, catch some for ME sir, my fishing was downright terrible! :( Feel free to describe the fish, post pictures and cook them with all the details. I love torture. Really, I do.