Truer words have never been spoken (well, typed actually)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've been to that pub. If I'm not mistaken that's the Twisted Oak in Ide. ;)

George Kaplan":2t61hhl8 said:
Is that you on the far left, Rob?
No, he's the "old one" at the end of the table looking at his pipe !! :twisted: :twisted:

I know there's not a brass pole anywhere close by, or they wouldn't be looking at each other!

Brings back lots of good memories :lol: I need to visit our family in the Mother Country and update my pub "currency!!" :drunken: :drunken: :cheers: FTRPLT

Go for it Rande, what makes you say that? I've been pondering where it could be too.

Stick":cyxuabkd said:
Go for it Rande, what makes you say that?  I've been pondering where it could be too.

First, they're all drinking pints of the black stuff. Could be Guinness. Second, several of the chaps just look Irish - including and especially the one standing on the top left.

However.....

Could also be a workingman's pub in the North of England, say coal country. Hence the flat caps of the workingman, and perhaps pints of dark Mild. The Black & White poster is blended Whisky from Scotland, which may not have been popular in Eire, so that might contradict my prior theory. Plus there's a Bass Ale decoration in the cabinet. The large poster on the upper right reveals no secrets as the rest of the wording is cut off.

Despite all that my gut tells me it's a pub somewhere in rural Ireland. Or I could be just talking whole loads of bollocks!

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":visoxls2 said:
Stick":visoxls2 said:
Go for it Rande, what makes you say that?  I've been pondering where it could be too.

First, they're all drinking pints of the black stuff. Could be Guinness. Second, several of the chaps just look Irish - including and especially the one standing on the top left.

However.....

Could also be a workingman's pub in the North of England, say coal country. Hence the flat caps of the workingman, and perhaps pints of dark Mild. The Black & White poster is blended Whisky from Scotland, which may not have been popular in Eire, so that might contradict my prior theory. Plus there's a Bass Ale decoration in the cabinet. The large poster on the upper right reveals no secrets as the rest of the wording is cut off.

Despite all that my gut tells me it's a pub somewhere in rural Ireland. Or I could be just talking whole loads of bollocks!
Granted, the caption might not match the photo, but 'craic' rather implies ireland

DrT999":tc370a9b said:
Granted, the caption might not match the photo, but 'craic' rather implies ireland
Admittedly, i'm puzzled by it's origin as well.  I wish the scanned image's quality would've been good enough to really zoom in on some of the other decorations/signs/etc.

Regardless, I believe it would've been a great place to visit, hang out, smoke a bowl or 2, and have a drink.

Stick":pnimen1a said:
I think I've been to that pub. If I'm not mistaken that's the Twisted Oak in Ide. ;)

Nay, nay mate. Tha's t' Buggered Ploughman joost outside Great Shagging. Right along the B road tha knows.

:drunken:

Cheers,

RR

Will noo, yah dinna ken say from whence the photo heralds, en should the pints be tainted thy balance may be a cream stout if ill repute, such be the like of Watney's, er I may add, Mactarnahan's....