trying to find a date on these tins...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecrowdog

Reaction score
I guess I've been spoiled by buying tobacco that has a date stamped clearly on the tin. Well, I tried some new ones (new to me, that is) and I am having a hard time finding any date on the tins. I wondered if any of them have dates encoded near the UPC or something.

Davidoff Medallions 50g - there is a number along the rim that says 5112006, but it seems unlikely to be from 2006... what are the odds of it sitting around at smokingpipes for 4 years... pretty low, I would think.

Escudo 50g - can't find a date on it anywhere, but the UPC has 1013094515 to the left of the bar code... it's the only number that I even wondered about, since it starts with 10 (as in 2010, but I have no reason to suspect that is the case)

Solani 633 50g - can't find any numbers on it anywhere

Maybe there is no way to tell when it was tinned, but if you know the secret to any of these, holler. Thanks.

thecrowdog":738hvpux said:
Escudo 50g - can't find a date on it anywhere, but the UPC has 1013094515 to the left of the bar code... it's the only number that I even wondered about, since it starts with 10 (as in 2010, but I have no reason to suspect that is the case)

Correct on the Escudo. With the Stokkebye tins the small vertical number left of the UPC code is the date YY/DD/MM. Older versions I don't know.
I have no Idea about the others.