Tucking in the 5th Field Artillery

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the site. I am also active duty, "Navy", and also from the North East "CT".
It's a great site with great folks, enjoy

Pat

Welcome soldier! We have your back and appreciate your service. I too am a New Yorker; both from downstate here in Setauket on Long Island in Suffolk County and also upstate in Granville, Washington County.

Uhhhh, Battery D, 1st Battalion, Fifth Field Artillery, the senior unit in the United States Army, is assigned to the 1st Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, and currently stationed at Fort Riley, KS.

john-in-kc":eswh7wcb said:
Uhhhh, Battery D, 1st Battalion, Fifth Field Artillery, the senior unit in the United States Army, is assigned to the 1st Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, and currently stationed at Fort Riley, KS.
Uhhhh, Battery D has been deactivated for a very long time. 5th FA's 1st Battalion is located at Riley, and the 2nd Battalion, which Im in, and have been in for the past 6 years, is here at Sill. All current batteries are descended from Battery D.

WilliamtheWorldEater":n32qoe3g said:
john-in-kc":n32qoe3g said:
Uhhhh, Battery D has been deactivated for a very long time. 5th FA's 1st Battalion is located at Riley, and the 2nd Battalion, which Im in, and have been in for the past 6 years, is here at Sill. All current batteries are descended from Battery D. Youre talking about the organization, as it was, back around the time of the first world war.
So, uhhhh, Im not sure what kind of arm-chair general you are, pal, but I, and roughly 700 other soldiers, would appreciate it if you didnt post erroneus information implying we arent who we say we are. Prick.

Welcome. My brother was an Artillery captain and was stationed at Sill back in the 90's. He got out in the Clinton era, which wasn't kind to Captains. My pop, now 92 is a retired SGM (33 years) and sure appreciated your work, in fact it probably kept him alive in Korea and Vietnam. So, a big thanks to you cannon-cockers as he refers to them.

riff raff":btgweu9t said:
Welcome. My brother was an Artillery captain and was stationed at Sill back in the 90's. He got out in the Clinton era, which wasn't kind to Captains. My pop, now 92 is a retired SGM (33 years) and sure appreciated your work, in fact it probably kept him alive in Korea and Vietnam. So, a big thanks to you cannon-cockers as he refers to them.

Right on, appreciate it. Let your dad know that now they call us gun-bunnies and, sometimes, "the deaf guys", though Im sure that was also an apt description back in his day ;)

WilliamtheWorldEater":dl0ugb4j said:
riff raff":dl0ugb4j said:

Right on, appreciate it. Let your dad know that now they call us gun-bunnies and, sometimes, "the deaf guys", though Im sure that was also an apt description back in his day ;)
He's pretty hard of hearing himself, but the VA got him a new, very trick set of hearing aids. I always tell him when I encounter soldiers and will pass on the new lingo.