Turner Classic Movies "Now Playing" Mag Cover

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CACooper

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I just recieved the latest edition of "Now Playing" magazine from TCM. It's a monthly, small format viewer guide to all movies playing on TCM for the month. Also included are interesting articles about the star of the month as well as other stars and movies. Well worth the $12.95 a year subscription price.

The March star of the month is the great actor Karl Malden. I just had to share the front cover photo which shows Malden with pipe in hand and what appears to be a pouch of Marxman tobacco! Love the hat, too.

This is what I love about TCM. Their credo is "Uncut and Original" referring to the films they show. This philosophy obviously extends to photos of the stars. They could have easily cropped or altered the photo to exclude the pipe, but they didn't. Bravo!

KarlMaldenpipe.jpg
[/img]

Long live Turner Classic Movies!

CACooper

Remenber, THEY were the ones that "colorized" all those B&W classics when they bought 'em :p So much for "true to type " :p

monbla256":q0q4rprj said:
Remenber, THEY were the ones that "colorized" all those B&W classics when they bought 'em :p So much for "true to type " :p
That was in the early days of TCM. Ted Turner learned his lesson on the colorization debacle due to public and industry outcry. Thankfully they stopped doing it. Now every movie is uncut, original and commercial free. A lot of films have been restored to their full glory from original prints, funded by TCM. Seems Mr. Turner is trying to make up for past transgressions. ;)

CACooper

Thanks for sharing that and good points on the "new" TCM. They are pretty much the only game on broadcast tv for uninterrupted classic movies.