Tweaking the Prince's nose ...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveaux

Reaction score
OK, I'll admit it. I like PA. Mellow, nutty, nothing complicated. Kinda like a comfort food.

Tonight, having received a new load of tobacco for my RYO's, I decided to blend some PA with some D & R Ramback. Mixed it up at 3:1, PA dominant.

My tongue is thoroughly confused, but it's happy!

Prince Rambert ?

:king:

Prince Rambert of Alback. (A small, little known country in Central Europe, just north of the Gulf of Mexico, close to Lake Michigan.)

^^ Exactly. ^^

I really like this. PA with an Oriental finish. Reminds me of a medium Nicaraguan Maduro. Maybe a Mayorga?

Here's three blend suggestions ranging from reasonable to edgy to INSANE!

Reasonable: Try using three quarters 5-Brothers and one quarter Peretti's Oriental #40 (which is as close to a purely Oreintal blend as I think you can find). That'll light up your life. Sub in some other potent flavored blend for the Peretti's #40 as it's highly unlikely you have any on hand. The McClelland Oriental #6 or #8 work OK.

Edgy: I also like taking 3/4 Gawith Dark Flake Unscented (rubbed out) and the same Peretti #40 blend...it'll kick yer ass and keep you smiling.

Do Not Use the McClelland Orientals on the This Next One!

INSANE!: But the most mystifying of them all is 2/3 Lakeland Brickle Fortissimo (the stuff they sell over at 4-N's blended by Russ Oulette with Lavender and Juniper Berries and Cloves...don't start laughing yet!) and 1/3 of that Peretti Oriental Blend #40. It's crazy! But in addition to being crazy...it's crazy good. Do up a little batch for your next get together and pass it around and ask guys to guess what it is. NOW is the time to start laughing!!! Watch as the expressions on their faces change back and forth like a shape shifter on a Star Trek episode. They'll get waves of VA base flavors tinged with the flowery clovey wild ass Oriental slap in the face flavors and they'll be cross-eyed with stupified amazement in short order...and they'll be smiling.

It's fun.

Blackhorse":an1tl2sr said:
Here's three blend suggestions ranging from reasonable to edgy to INSANE!

Reasonable: Try using three quarters 5-Brothers and one quarter Peretti's Oriental #40 (which is as close to a purely Oreintal blend as I think you can find). That'll light up your life. Sub in some other potent flavored blend for the Peretti's #40 as it's highly unlikely you have any on hand. The McClelland Oriental #6 or #8 work OK.

Edgy: I also like taking 3/4 Gawith Dark Flake Unscented (rubbed out) and the same Peretti #40 blend...it'll kick yer ass and keep you smiling.

Do Not Use the McClelland Orientals on the This Next One!

INSANE!: But the most mystifying of them all is 2/3 Lakeland Brickle Fortissimo (the stuff they sell over at 4-N's blended by Russ Oulette with Lavender and Juniper Berries and Cloves...don't start laughing yet!) and 1/3 of that Peretti Oriental Blend #40. It's crazy! But in addition to being crazy...it's crazy good. Do up a little batch for your next get together and pass it around and ask guys to guess what it is. NOW is the time to start laughing!!! Watch as the expressions on their faces change back and forth like a shape shifter on a Star Trek episode. They'll get waves of VA base flavors tinged with the flowery clovey wild ass Oriental slap in the face flavors and they'll be cross-eyed with stupified amazement in short order...and they'll be smiling.

It's fun.
BH, you ain't right.

I have, however, been kicking around the idea of FB & Ramback. Ramback is 100% Izmir, so it's what I'd call a "sweet Turkish". The hitch is in the actual, physical blending. Hmmmm ... where'd I put that coffee grinder?

Thanks for moving this. In my newness, I wasn't sure.