Two more new pipes reviewed!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joequo

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m back again with two new PAD acquisitions from pipe maker Adrian James, who presently sells pipes under the label Tria America. If these pipes strike your fancy, then have a look on ebay for new listings. He presently has a pipe and pen set on ebay now (very much like the first one i got). Also, feel free to see my first review of an Adrian James pipe here.

Anyway, my two most recent ebay victories have not been just pipes, actually, but pipe and pens sets. The theme I’ve noticed is that Adrian carves the pipes and gives them an accent at the end of the shank made out of the same material from which the accompanying pen is crafted. As you can see here, the first set is a nice contrast blasted Dublin with a faux horn accent, accompanied by a faux horn fountain pen.

I have had this set for a week or so now and have decided to dedicate it to Lancer’s Slices. This pipe and the previous pipe (which I dedicated to Fox’s Provost Mixture) that I reviewed are easily two of my best smokers.

The second pipe and pen set that I acquired from Adrian arrived just yesterday, and I had my first smoke in it this morning. I may not want to conclude after one smoke but, it seems clear that this pipe too will be a top notch performer. This pipe is really awesome looking and has a buckeye burl accent on the shank and came with a ball point pen crafted from, naturally, buckeye burl. Check it out:

My plan for this pipe is to dedicate it to Penzance. I recently acquired a pound from the Esoterica availability surge, so I’ll be smoking this one quite a bit! All three of these pipes that Adrian has sent me in the last few weeks have been outstanding in all aspects—fit, finish, and smokeability. I believe that these pipes are worth much more than what I paid for them. I’d like to add that I do not personally know Adrian, but stumbled upon his work by chance. I’m just a happy customer looking to share these positive experiences :)

One last note is that I honestly acquired these two sets for the pipes alone but in case some of you are also attracted to the prospect of acquiring nice hand crafted pens, here are shots of them with some writing. (my penmanship is terrible, i know)

Cheers!

What a great set of pipes & pens! I think the same skill set for making a pipe is also used in making pens. I get to the Woodcraft stores occasionally and I always linger in the pen kit section. They also offer classes, but I'm pretty far from any of the stores and haven't been able to take advantage of them. I'm only heard good things about Adrians pipes, so enjoy yours!

Wow, those are beeyoots!

Nice post too. Now if you will just package them up and send them to me everything will be perfect.