Uh Oh ! Playdough pipe.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyRoundup

Reaction score
Oh no,
Ive been so obsessed with pipes lately, that I think it has rubbed off on my 9 year old boy.
Kind of like that song, " Ive been watching you , Dad"

Last night I walked into my boys room, and he was playing with a black piece of playdough, shaped like my pipe.. :affraid:
I dont know what to do or think about it. Its too late to try and hide.

Dangit. but on the bright side , maybe he will become a master pipe carver, LOL
It was a fairly nice job he did though.

Hmmm ?

Dont feel bad . My grandaughter is 9 now and lives with me, been here since she was born. When I started smoking a pipe she picked her favorate one and its been hers ever since. She will sit on me from time to time and get her pipe and cherry and pack her pipe not lighting I will say, and pull on it and coment on the taste, Then go on about her business. All I can say is I love that little girl.

Kids tend to copy what they see us doing, don't they?! :lol:

A while back my boy got into my studio and poured coffee into the bowls of whatever pipes he could reach. It was a sight to come home to for sure. Not that I drink coffee from my pipe, but I drink it while smoking. To a 4 yo it would make perfect sense to just pour it in there, right?!

Now, if they'd only copy "putting stuff away when we're done with it"..... :evil:

Thats hilarious. :D

Yeah, I guess its not that big of a deal.

And sorry Hermit. When I first saw him with it, I said to him " you better not let your mom see that, or we'll both be in trouble" so he crushed it , and said "no big deal"

But, I broke down and told her , after posting this, and she just said ," boys will be boys". Whew !
i was worried for nothing I guess.

Nah, encourage him by getting him a cheap pipe stand and putting it on the bookshelf or something. Just so long as he doesn't REALLY try to imitate you with it by shoving some lawn clippings in it and attempting to light it... :lol:

As a parent, you have to remember that you may want to project a specific vision of what you think you want your children to to see, but when it comes down to it, those little quirks that make you the person you are make you their daddy. Just remember your folks and those things that still make you smile, and helped make you who you are. You're an individual, so treasure those ways that the little ones bond with you. Now, if you come home and he's kicked back smoking your Castello with your vintage Balkan Sobranie, you might have a problem--then again, it might just be time to enjoy some. Thank you for the story, and treasure those little episodes, they're gold.

This is the things Im talking about. My grandaughter having her own pipe out of my collection and she has pride in her pipe. It makes her a part of that part of me. Someone is at the house and talking about my pipes she wants to show hers off as well. Same thing with her 22 rifle. She is apart of me there as well. Hell she even has her own tool box that sets beside mine. Like I said I love that little girl. This is her pipe. A savinelli 620 classica. Also she took the pipe rest as well
IMG042.jpg

She sounds like a cool kid, plumber. 8) I ain't really a "kid person" but I sure like 'em when they have class and purpose...kind of like any person, I suppose. :lol:

Off the subject, I had to laugh at that pig lighter. Very unique, I dig it!

I kinda like it too . It has duel flames out the nose and will start a pipe nice.

plumbernater":ggbacs3u said:
This is the things Im talking about. My grandaughter having her own pipe out of my collection and she has pride in her pipe. It makes her a part of that part of me. Someone is at the house and talking about my pipes she wants to show hers off as well. Same thing with her 22 rifle. She is apart of me there as well. Hell she even has her own tool box that sets beside mine. Like I said I love that little girl. This is her pipe. A savinelli 620 classica. Also she took the pipe rest as well
That is awesome Plumbernator.....I have a 9 year old daughter and I while certainly don't want to encourage her to smoke, if she wants to have a smoke with me when she's older I would absolutely love that. I always encourage her to have a free mind and not always believe that everything society demonizes is bad....lol I do alot of encouraging living in Massachusetts.

She says she dont want to smoke. but she thinks I look sufisticated with a pipe and she wanted one too .she dont smoke the one she has but she loves the smell of some cherry tobacco I had and puts it in her pipe for the smell. I cnat help but hang on to these moments

Great post! But know its not just the older kids that take to emulating their parents - my 18 month old son has claimed an un-smoked rusticated Canadian from my collection as his own. Although he isn't allowed into my "man-cave", he will come out when I am on the patio, plunk down beside me, and suck on the pipe while making appreciative gastronomic noises (read: Mmmmm!).
The only downside (beyond the look of sheer horror on the faces of the do-gooder "anti's" in my family) is that he chose a pipe with a vulcanite stem; I seem to be forever buffing teeth chatter out of it!

There will be a day when you will look at that teeth chatter and smile remembering that little one. They have a way of making their mark

Yeah, you all are right.

These are times to be remembered, and cherished.
After reading these posts, it brings to light, how lucky I am.
Sitting here, reflecting, I realize he copys me and my style , ALOT.
He makes me proud.

I am glad you guys responded to this thread.
And Plumber, that is an awful nice pipe your Granddaughter has :D I wish I had one that nice. LOL

But, I do have a Pete on the way.
My First Peterson !! Wooohhooo ! I am excited.

Take care you all,
Dusty