Un-Dated Tin of Union Square

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonarman

Reaction score
So I received a tin of Union Square for Christmas :cheers:

But it's undated :scratch:

Any idea as to why or when the tinning might have been? For now I just wrote 12-12 on it :D

In this case only a veteran smoker of VAs, fresh and aged, can give an estimate of when it was tinned. Send it to me:

alfredo e. buscatti
upper saskatoon, ca

Wrap it up, mail it to Yak an he can inspect it strand by flake and tell you just exactly what is in your tin and the date to the day when it was made, from the day the leaf was planted all the way through till YOU got it! He's our resident Union Square guru :twisted:

Union Square: Great fresh, amazing with a few years, exponentially huge with a few more. I was able to get two tins with seven years' age on 'em. Boy howdy. When those are gone, I'm gonna be piiiiiiissed. :lol: Solution? Smoke slow and add more tins over time.

The choice is yours; you can't lose.

8)

Kyle Weiss":hj4q6m3d said:
Union Square: Great fresh, amazing with a few years, exponentially huge with a few more. I was able to get two tins with seven years' age on 'em. Boy howdy. When those are gone, I'm gonna be piiiiiiissed. :lol: Solution? Smoke slow and add more tins over time.

The choice is yours; you can't lose.

8)
You got a time machine?
It came out in 2009. :lol!:

Hermit":m6lcqh9w said:
You got a time machine?
It came out in 2009. :lol!:
Several...I meant SEVERAL... :lol: I'm not awake yet. Trying not to be, either.

8)

Eff me, I wish. I love the stuff, but lactose intolerance and a weird reaction to alcohol lately means I'm doing this mothereffer sober. :no:

...BUT...I have my pipe, and it's consoling me.

8)

Ha! You guys crack me up! I think I have it narrowed down from May 2009 to Dec 2012 :D

sonarman":e7tt5bf7 said:
Ha! You guys crack me up! I think I have it narrowed down from May 2009 to Dec 2012 :D
Split the difference and call it "Early 2011" or "Late 2010" :p

Normally, if I don't know the date, I just pick the month/year I got the stuff in my hot little hands, and mark it accordingly like you did.

8)

Kyle Weiss":piqnea05 said:
sonarman":piqnea05 said:
Split the difference and call it "Early 2011" or "Late 2010" :p

Normally, if I don't know the date, I just pick the month/year I got the stuff in my hot little hands, and mark it accordingly like you did.

8)
Yeah, there was a little bit of me hoping that you guys would be like, whoa that means its super aged and awesome cause its from the initial release :lol!:

What likely happened is the date/batch label fell off or got omitted. For some time, C&D/Pease used a stamping system that indelibly inked on this info, but later went to stickers, from what I can tell, around 2010 (unconfirmed...)--so yeah, it's anyone's guess. :) Just open it and smoke it already. :lol:

8)

:twisted: I'm now thinking its pretty rare and I'm going to sit on it for a while