Unable to Cellar Flakes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Casa

Reaction score
It is near impossible for me to cellar any of my flakes. I have some english blends that Ive had siting around for a year or so but I find that I can't keep my flakes around long enough to age. I smoke them before they can sit around too long. Anybody else have problems keeping anything around long enough to get some age to it? I also have a jar of some black and gold cavendish that was given to me in an order from smokingpipes.com that I will never smoke. Any ideas as to what to do with it? I can't bring myself to throw it away.

Mr.Casa":aga7xvww said:
It is near impossible for me to cellar any of my flakes. I have some english blends that Ive had siting around for a year or so but I find that I can't keep my flakes around long enough to age. I smoke them before they can sit around too long. Anybody else have problems keeping anything around long enough to get some age to it?
Alas no -- you just need buy in larger quantities! Do your fav flakes come in bulk? you can buy by the 500 gr bag and get a discount at some places!

I need to start buying bulk. A few of my favorites however don't come in bulk such as Irish Flake, Erinmore, and University, etc. Any recommendations for outstanding flakes that come in bulk?

Recommendations? Sure:
Full Virginia Flake
St James Flake
and since you like Lakelands, Kendal Cream Flake.

Good Luck!

Considering you can take advantage of the "over $100 = free shipping" most sites offer, I'm sure you can use that as an excuse to simply buy more!

8)

Kyle Weiss":v26kye9f said:
Considering you can take advantage of the "over $100 = free shipping" most sites offer, I'm sure you can use that as an excuse to simply buy more!

8)
How very true :)

fishnrust":ee0qsnnp said:
Recommendations? Sure:
Full Virginia Flake
St James Flake
and since you like Lakelands, Kendal Cream Flake.

Good Luck!
If you do indeed like Lakelands, lots of G&H come in bulk (or only in bulk). Louisiana Flake is a pretty nice light Lakeland, and Glengarry a decent light aro.