Unexpected Burley Surprise

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilgawulf

Reaction score
I've just stumbled upon what should have been an obvious combination: A mixture of equal parts Prince Albert and Blenders' Gold "Golden Burley". In my humble opinion, it is perhaps the best burley experience I have had so far. The PA's mildness brings down the bite in the Golden Burley just enough, and the Golden Burley stands out just enough for it's flavor to be appreciable, but not overwhelming.
Anybody else ever try this?

brings down the bite in the Golden Burley
I'm glad I am not the only one who noticed that the Golden Burley stuff from the drug store seems to have a bite (maybe its all burley but this seems more)

I have some PA coming and 14 ounces of the Golden Burley left. I'll give this a try. Thanks.

Oh yeah, that stuff almost put blisters on my tongue when I first got it. I think it has something to do with what they treat it with. It's got a hell of a lot of PG in it, I know that. I can leave it to the open air for literally weeks and it won't dry out.
But yeah, try it with the PA. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I haven't tried that mixture, but I've had good luck with and enjoy a 50-50 mixture of Prince Albert and Lane BLWAB.

LtMac

I've been enjoying this blend for about a year. I use Walgreen's Blending Burley which is the same thing.
I bag it for a month then put it in one of my glass humidors. It is a fantastic blend.

Funn