Update from TB

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trout Bum

Drag Free Drifter
Reaction score
What up, fellow pipers? I have been WICKED busy, haven't had time to post... but I have been lurking, so to speak. Here's the latest:

- got married to a wonderful women (who supports pipe smoking and lets me smoke in the garage, plus she buys me tobacco and stuff) on an island in the middle of a lake in the middle of nowhere in front of 20 friends/family who arrived by float plane. This was last Saturday.

- Went fishing on the Kenai last Monday with buddies -- lots of salmon and I scored a 28 inch rainbow on a streamer pattern -- epic.

-- Tomorrow, 120 people are converging to celebrate the wedding. I am serving smoked baby back ribs (home made sauce) plus grilled Alaskan salmon (caught by me and my buddies over the last two weeks). And all the fixins, plus beer and a jamming polka band -- I shit you negative.

- Monday -- myself and pals are flying over the Alaska Range (via Merrill Pass, whoa Nelly!) to fish remote Western Alaska streams for six days. MONSTER pike (I am talking over three feet long here), trophy rainbows, and fatty grayling on dry flies, oh ya, baby!

- When life returns to normal, will post pics and get back in the swing around here!

- You guys ROCK.

Trout Bum, over and out.

Good for you Trout Bum. Glad to know you got a life finally :lol: .

No more skinny dipping for you :lol:

As I was reading your post, I was thinking how ecletic this board is.... from Alaska to South Africa... common themes... piping and fishing :D

Well congratulations, :cheers: ,,,fantastic ,,,every man should,,,,,it settles a guy down,,makes him feel like the king of the world,,,a purpose in life beyond mere existing,,,it's what God intended,,,,,,,fishing I mean,,,huge salmon and rainbows,,,grayling and pike,,,casting with the buddies and living life to its fullest,,,sounds like heaven,,,

Good to hear from you,,,thought you went off the grid,,,,

Oh yeah, congrats on your nuptials too,,, :p ,,,sounds like she's a good catch,,,what pattern did you use,,,,

Congrats :cheers:

May your marriage be long and happy, your fish weighty and your pipe always full.

Congratulations, I think you are lucky to have found a wife who lets you leave her for six days on a fishing trip with your buddies not even a month after you got married. It is what all men should aspire to but few attain, again congratulations.

Congrats to you both...now where's the pictures? Not even bragging fish pictures?