Update on Dads & Birthdays...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Fox

Reaction score
So I got a call from my Dad while I was at work, couldn't answer my phone so he left a voice mail. He got the results from his biopsy. The oncolagists were wrong! It's not cancer. The results said an infection in his lungs... nothing a heavy dose of antibiotics won't cure! :)
I'm extatic about this new development, but I can't help but wonder, should he get a second opinion? How often is cancer misdiagnosed? Is any of this "normal?" Or am over reacting and worrying about nothing?

Great news!

But, always get a second opinion. And, a third.

Stay Positive but, look for a 2nd opinion just to relive all doubt.  ;) 

Cancer is misdiagnosed more often than you would think. Sometimes certain types of cells resemble cancer so closely that a misdiagnosis is almost guaranteed. Considering the area that they suspected was cancerous I would suggest testing until you had it confirmed one way or the other at least 3 times. The ideal testing results would be confirmed by 3 different labs. Might prove to be a bit expensive but an untreated cancer will prove to be more costly. As is it stands you don't know of your Dad has cancer or not. Get it confirmed. It might save his life. Good luck and I'll keep both of you in my prayers. :) 

AJ

I echo the same sentiment as the other brothers on getting a 2nd opinion. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.