Update On Miss Mary

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cajun

Reaction score
My wife only works 3 days a week at the nurseing home,Wed,Thurs,Friday. But she went in Tuesday to take care of the ladies that were going home for Thanksgiving. Miss Mary told my wife all excited that a nephew from Texas was going to pick her up and bring her to his relatives to eat. Hearing that on phone I told my wife find out who the Head Nurse is on Thursday and ask her to call us in case this doesn"t happen, I"ve seen a lot of promises not kept at that home. Thursday morning we got a call she had left with her nephew, I ate a good dinner knowing she was being taken care of.

Glad it all worked out.
I worked part time at a nursing home when I was a teenager, and I saw many broken
promises.
We should treasure and learn from our elders.

Honestly, it's things like this that makes me think that theres still hope for humanity. :cheers: 

I'm so glad that someone came for her. I remember visiting several of my grandparents over the years in nursing homes and seeing so many lonely faces. My mom and I always made sure to say hello and visit a little bit with everyone we could, relation or not. When I was in elementary school my very best friend in the whole wide world was a 90+ year old woman. She was marvelous, she knew great games to play, told amazing stories from when she was a child and every year at Christmas she'd have me help her decorate her house and she had a collection of some of the most incredibly beautiful old Christmas ornaments.

I'm so glad that someone was looking out for Miss Mary in case her nephew didn't follow through, I'm even more gladdened at the thought that he did. ;)

I'm happy that Miss Mary was remembered by her family. Thanks for the update Bradley.