Update on Tom

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMacphersonNH

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just wanted to let everyone know Tom will be moving to a hospice facility in the next few days. He needs full time medical care at this point and we recognize that family can't provide the support he needs. Thanks again for all your very kind notes and emails.

On a different note, he asked me today to see if anyone would want his Peter Matzhold pipe. I believe he posted it here when he first received it but never had the chance to smoke it. He wants it to go to someone who would appreciate it.

He says hello to all and always gets a kick from the updates here on the site which we read to him regularly. Thanks again for all your support. It has meant a great deal.

Thanks for the update on our buddy. I'm sure someone on here will love getting his beloved pipe. That is way out of my reach right now.  Tell him we appreciate letting his fellow members have first chance at it though. That one will end up being in a Curio cabinet on display and reserved for smoking on special occasions.

Keeping him in our thoughts as usual.

Marty

Thank you for the update!

To answer your inquiry, I am possibly interested in acquiring the pipe if no one else is. PM me whenever you have a moment.

Blessings to you, Tom, and your family.

My heart is heavy with pain at this moment. My warmest thoughts and blessings to our Brother Tom and his wonderful family. FTRPLT

Hospice..............

Well, they will have the facility and the staff to hover over him. I have visited several in my short time here, and they are nice places...

My thoughts are with you both.

Take care

Good evening Ms Lori,

As always, thank you for the update. They are always very much appreciated. It's no bad thing moving Tom to a Hospice. These are highly trained staff who, like you, will continue to be there for him every step of the way - much as we are on the BoB.

My fondest regards as always,

Stick.

If his pipe is still available perhaps you would consider donating it to the site or to one of the site's activities. As a Moderator here I would be pleased to receive it and pass it along according to his wishes, or perhaps forward it to one of the current Commanders of the BoB Bombers Group (there are two...either one).

We look forward to sitting down with Tom for a long smoke in the hereafter.

God bless you all.

Thank you for the update Lori. Give Tom our best as always and hugs to you all!

Lori, my thoughts and prayers are with you and Tom as well as your family in this time of need.

There are a great many folks here on this site that hold Tom as one of the most courageous people we've ever known, even if only on the internet. His upbeat attitude, indomitable spirit, and positive outlook should do much to inspire those who face far less than he has to bear.

We can and should take a page from his fight in this hour as an model from one who faces eternity with all the muster one can bear.

Blessings on Tom, you, and your family.

Cheers,

RR

Lori, thanks for taking the time out of your hectic schedule to keep us informed. All of my best to you, Tom and the rest of your family. I hope Tom gets the care he needs and deserves in hospice. Peace and love to you and Tom.

Lori, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and Tom. My experiences with hospice centers have been that they are wonderful people who give the time and attention that every person deserves...and they are equally wonderful to family members of the ill.

Hi Everyone. Thank you for all your wonderful notes. We are sad to say Tom passed away quietly and peacefully surrounded by his family and his two boys - his cats Braddach and Callum - resting next to him. A private family burial and event will be held in his native island of Skye in Scotland. I want to say how much he enjoyed meeting everyone here on Brothers of Briar. All of Tom's family can't thank you all of you enough for your thoughts, notes, and messages. It meant so much to him.

He will be missed tremendously by so many he touched. Tom asked that we not grieve but rather work each day to approach others with compassion, love, and a desire to learn. He set a standard for all of us that will be hard to maintain, but we look forward to the future with bright, happy (and sad!), and open hearts.

This is likely the last time I will post here and will likely be closing all his accounts. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts.

Thank you for keeping us updated. Tom will be missed dearly. You and your family are in our prayers.

Rest in Peace, Tom.

Take care Lori, and thank you kindly for keeping us updated.

And he is released.................

I am sorry for your loss, and will be mindful of his last wishes.

Thank you