UPDATE!!!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's ABOUT TIME, Zach! You've been talking about it for a while... :)

...tell her "grats" on the graduation and the new gig for me!

Thanks Guys! I'm beyond excited about it! We leave for our trip in 9 Days!!!!! I'm proposing in 11!!!!!!! It's gonna be perfect. I cannot wait. I'm taking a couple pipes out there with us one being a Very large "Made in England" pot, and the other a General Cob that Rob sent me when I was new to the forum. Tobaccos will be some JP's Storm Front, and some Peterson's Nutty Cut. Michelle loves the smell of the Nutty Cut.
On a sad note, I'm not going to be able to fish any with we're out there. We have to eat Freeze-dried meals. Worth a try I suppose.
Zach

You are a class act young man. Thanks for filling us in on the great news. Congrats and best of luck in all of your days ahead. :cheers: 

Fishing by hand is a patient, steady art.  Succeeded a few times just to see if I could, just using the gear God gave ya...

...plus, maybe you could put the ring in the fishes mouth or something... :scratch:

...I'm not the best at proposing ideas...  :no:

:lol:

8)

Great news Zach, best wishes to both of you... and as has been stated...Be true to her and yourself from the very start...:cheers: 

He hasn't posted the update yet, but apparently, according to gossip on Facebook, Zach and his fine lady are now engaged.

I'm a sap for good people having found each other and planning many happy years. These kids are the future, and I wish there were more like 'em.

:heart:

Details Zach, details! :D

8)

You've a great area for camping. There is some great National and state forest land just east of you. With the freeze-dry, I'd have to guess the U.P.

Congratulations are in order! May the two of you enjoy many happy years together.

Jim

She's a RUNK-TO-BE! We went out, had our fun for the first two days, than we got to "The Spot"! It was just as gorgeous as I remember it. Overlooks the river as if it's a stream, and lets in a rush of wind that's breath taking. It was an emotional spot before, but now it's incomparable.
(Warning! Lot's of pictures to come!)
Here's our packs and supplies laid out;

Here's my Nagant Revolver that I bought for the trip, (Lovely little pistol);

The trip there;

Starting the trail;

On the Trail/Campsites;

We created this little campsite along with the fire pit we dug and placed concrete that we found lying about around (It was too windy for an above ground fire);

Than we got to "The Spot";

My plan was to set up camp on this bluff, than propose during sunset. It was far too windy to even open up a tent, so I was left without a choice. Now or Never. We walked back to pick up our packs after these photos, than contemplated where we should set up camp. I said, "Let's walk this way a bit to see if we can scope out a place back in the woods". So we did, and we passed this spot once again, and I said, "You haven't gotten any photos of me here, Snap a couple". I took off my pack, had the ring in my pocket, and posed for a few funny photos. I told her to take like 3 or 4. She took a couple of just me being silly, than one with my reaching into my pocket, than the final one with me on one knee. She took the photo, and tossed the camera to the side, and ran up crying her little eyes out. WE ARE ENGAGED!

So it was a phenomenal trip. She loved it and had her fun. We both got what we wanted. We're both ecstatic about our wedding. But she won't go on a 3 day Snowshoe trip with me :p .

(Sorry this was so long)
Zach

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

YAY!! Congrats Zach!!

Looks like you guys had a blast hiking too!

Well done young man!  Best wishes to you and the wife to be.

Congratulations Zach!:cheers: :cheers:

Great photos!

Fraternally

Jers

Some fantastic photo's, could have been more ideal for your proposal, I don't think so, you crazy hound dog you, bravo, the lady said YES, that is wonderful, I couldn't be more pleased for you both. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: 

Kyle Weiss":pls7htgq said:
He hasn't posted the update yet, but apparently, according to gossip on Facebook, Zach and his fine lady are now engaged.  

I'm a sap for good people having found each other and planning many happy years.  These kids are the future, and I wish there were more like 'em.  

:heart:

Details Zach, details!   :D

8)
These kids are our future....how true.....proud of you Zach.

Thanks for the fantastic pictures.  Almost felt like I was there.   Makes me proud to know you.