USPS

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinger4me

Reaction score
I spoke with a tobacco seller in Michigan and was told they cannot ship tobacco via USPS. Have anybody else heard of this.

Stinger

Any time they ask what's in the bag I just tell em it's hobby supplies.

Puff Daddy":apkj7fv6 said:
Any time they ask what's in the bag I just tell em it's hobby supplies.
They are not even supposed to ask that. There are certain questions that they can ask, like is it hazzardus, fragile, etc. They can't ask "what's in the box".

Yeah, and a pro-tip for those around here, do not declare or write on box:

"IT'S A TOBACCO BOMB!!!"

That'll complicate things.

Kyle Weiss":jvlteljc said:
Yeah, and a pro-tip for those around here, do not declare or write on box:

"IT'S A TOBACCO BOMB!!!"

That'll complicate things.

Alas, there is no emoticon to adequately demonstrate how hard that made me laugh.

idbowman":2cgwjr1z said:
Alas, there is no emoticon to adequately demonstrate how hard that made me laugh.
The bulldog says it all. :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol:

8)

But, I believe the OP was referring to a tobacco retailer, not a regular schmo like the rest of us. I imagine they'd have a good bit of trouble on their hands if they failed to follow the law. I wonder if it's a state matter (even though the postal service is fed, the state can add shipping regs to and from their territory) or if they just don't understand the postal code? I know that the postal service itself doesn't ban the shipment of tobacco (yet) because I just ordered a few tins from JR's and they shipped it priority mail.

I don't understand. I read the act and the way it reads to me... Pipe Tobacco is neither Cigarettes, Cigarette Tobacco, or snuff of any kind (smokeless tobacco.) Maybe I am just "Thick as a Brick?"

Yeah, it's even worse for international shipments. Sometimes they just open it on the spot to check the contents here. Forget trying to send baccy bombs with a bogus return address. It's got to say México clearly to be shipped internationally. Takes a lot of the stealth out of it... :pale:

They probably just said "eff it, no tobacco via mail at all." Some places simply might not want to deal with the details. Can't blame 'em.

MisterE":aa6lwlqb said:
Yeah, it's even worse for international shipments. Sometimes they just open it on the spot to check the contents here. Forget trying to send baccy bombs with a bogus return address. It's got to say México clearly to be shipped internationally. Takes a lot of the stealth out of it... :pale:
They never grabbed any of the baccy I sent to you, did they? ;)

DoverPipes":40pne5ei said:
MisterE":40pne5ei said:
They never grabbed any of the baccy I sent to you, did they? ;)
NO!! And a good thing they didn't either. They know I have friends in Homeland so I am definitely not the man with whom to F**k. :p

Actually, one time Customs did open a a tin of Key Largo. They resealed it nicely and left a polite note explaining that they had opened and revised the box. Very professional. It made deciding which tin to smoke first easier, too.