Va/Per and Vitamin N

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bahnzo

Reaction score
I recently procured some Kajun Kake, and while I really enjoy it, it really kicks my butt with the amount of nicotine it contains. I have to set the pipe down 1/2 way thru and come back to it later.

Is this common with most Va/per blends? Any recommendations on a blend that maybe isn't so full of N?

McClelland Bulk 2015 is a bit more mild in the nic. department

Bullseye Flake by Peter Stokkebye might fit the bill. Also perhaps Rattray´s Hal o´the Wynd. The perique in HOTW is almost non-existent- more like a straight Va.

Hal O the Wynd is one of my personal favorites, but it seems high in Vitamin N, to me. If I'm smoking it, I normally only smoke half a bowl at a time. But it is like Mister E says, the perique is almost non-existent with a heavy VA taste, which I love.

As VaPers go, C&D bayou morning gives me a nicotine buzz if I smoke a full bowl but I have never had that problem with C&D sunday picnic or Escudo.

Most aromatics I have had didn't seem to have much of a kick. I have found Presbyterian mixture milder than other English blends I have sample which is much of why I like it. Not into high nicotine when I can avoid it. For instance I picked up up a tin of Nightcap a while back and while I like it the strength makes it just an occasional smoke for me.

My suggestion for lower vitamin N is McConnell's Scottish Cake which is a nice va/per with out a big nic hit. I don't know how it compares taste wise with Kajun Kake, however.

Jim...my ha'pence

Telegraph Hill in smooth and easy to smoke, low in Nic.

Also, since you liked the flavor of Kajun Kake, try Embacadero. It's a nice red VA, with a surprisingly spicy kick from the turkish.