Va Wow's

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MC

Reaction score
If you like Va's try the 2008 crop red ribbon by McCranie's tin-date 2012. It's like heaven to smoke and hell to be without. Try it

Yes, I agree. It's very good indeed. I am looking forward to try the flake when it comes out.

No, they do re-name some McClelland bulk however, sure this is an original

DrumsAndBeer":dgl25uer said:
Is this tobacco manufactured by McClelland?
Yes it's McClelland just like it's always been. Just a new crop for the series.

As much as I like Red Ribbon/Red Flake I find so little difference between them and 5100 Red Cake to be totally inconsequential. And the bulk price makes the point moot, at least for me.

As always YMMV. Just my 2c.

Cheers,

RR

Brewdude":ko2cpicw said:
As much as I like Red Ribbon/Red Flake I find so little difference between them and 5100 Red Cake to be totally inconsequential. And the bulk price makes the point moot, at least for me.

As always YMMV. Just my 2c.

Cheers,

RR
+1

I smoke Mc 5100 all the time and I can assure you if you smoke Red Ribbon and 5100 together you will find, as I have, that they are not the same. Try them both and let me know

MC":z6yzbwm9 said:
I smoke Mc 5100 all the time and I can assure you if you smoke Red Ribbon and 5100 together you will find, as I have, that they are not the same. Try them both and let me know
is the distinction between the two enough to justify keeping both on hand?

MC":opc2ulai said:
Yes of course.

Again though, at the price point I can easily overlook the slight differences.

Cheers,

RR

I agree that 5100 is a great tobacco and I always have some in a jar. A Great tobacco. More sugars mid bowl than the RR. I plan to put a few tins of the Red Ribbon away and compare them to each other as it ages.
However, for the $$$$$........

BTW, Never been to the "Emerald City"

MC":o8zt73kj said:
I agree. I'll take the Red Ribbon over the 5100 in spite of the price difference, but can understand that many won't...