Vanilla Tobaccos

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthonyx2b

Reaction score
I always wanted to have a good vanilla blended tobacco with an obvious taste, I searched through and looked at peoples advice, but what vanilla tobaccos have you tried that served you best?

Boswell's Vanilla Cream was pretty nice. I'm not a huge vanilla fan, but this tobacco had just enough vanilla flavor to make it pleasant without overwhelming.

Vanilla Cream Flake is one of the best, IMHO.

If you want something probably local (your local tobacconist) and still fairly decent in the Vanilla category, then Lane's 1-Q is about the easiest to come by.

Most of the aromatic 'blends' at local tobacco shops consist of 1-Q and/or 1-Q mixed with others to provide their proprietary blends.

I'm with Rob, Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flake is the best that I have tried.

Fraternally

Jers

I'll second Rob's other suggestion: you can't go wrong with good old Lane 1Q.

Boswell's Best is also very good, though, IMHO, not sufficiently different from 1Q to justify the premium price.

I've tried each of these. I don't have anymore as I've moved on from my vanilla tasting baccy days.

Dan Tobacco Sweet Vanilla Honeydew - quality tobacco with vanilla flavoring
Boswell's Christmas Cookie - Venerable. A favorite of many.
MacB's Vanilla Cream - quality tobacco with vanilla flavoring
Ataldis Vanilla Royale (#D61) - heavy on the vanilla flavoring. Very nice room note. When I went camping, some guy was smoking this and I could smell it 100 yards away, easily.

I don't have much to add here in terms of recommendations, but I do have a solid suggestion on one to avoid.

Bulk Vanilla Black Cavendish by McClelland.

I am rarely vocal about tobaccos that I don't like, but Bulk VBC was one of the worst aromatics that I have ever put a match to. I purchased 2 ounces of the stuff, smoked a quarter of a bowl and threw the rest out.

I was blown away to see that it averages 3 stars on TR.com.

The two best vanillas on the market IMO:

- Boswells Christmas Cookie

- Pipeworks and Wilke 191

Rob_In_MO":9nn88vkp said:
Vanilla Cream Flake is one of the best, IMHO.

If you want something probably local (your local tobacconist) and still fairly decent in the Vanilla category, then Lane's 1-Q is about the easiest to come by.

Most of the aromatic 'blends' at local tobacco shops consist of 1-Q and/or 1-Q mixed with others to provide their proprietary blends.

I always have 1Q on hand...either by itself or mixed with some BCA (both are incredibly affordable and always available). I also always have a tin of Vanilla Cream on hand (I assume you mean MacB?), though I've only ever had it in the ribbon cut variety, never flake.

Well i'm glad im not the only one that wants/has to try a good quality vanilla blend.

Stanwell Vanilla is another great one, IMHO. I'll also give a nod to McB Vanilla Cream Flake.

If you're looking for vanilla and latakia give SG's Perfection a try. :shock:

My one and only experience with Vanilla Creme was awful.

Soapy, burned hot. Yech!

And this was a well aged sample at the perfect moisture level.

Gifted it away.

Not an aro guy I guess.........

:x

Cheers,

RR

Pipeworks 191
+ Looking for high quality vanilla bean? You've found it ... Nice room note ... Also has a nice tobacco taste ... Mild and slow-burning ... The flavoring is perfectly applied such that after finishing a bowl, I'd right away kinda like another -- Doesn't finish bitter ... I think it's Pipeworks' biggest seller.
- A somewhat pricey choice, but well worth it inho.

1-Q
+ Price ... Vanilla and lots of it ... About as low maintenance as pipe tobacco gets ... Burns through a bowl briskly and evenly ... I think it's Lane's biggest seller.
- I find 1-Q to have an astringent effect ... Can get bitter/wet at the end ... A pipe that has procesed several bowls in a row of 1-Q will have that vanilla-ish smell.

I laid in an adequate supply of both of the above for the Winter. If I wanted to sit down and enjoy a bowl while reading or watching foopbaw, I'd go with 191. If I'm just taking a quick break or in transit I'd do 1-Q most likely.

smoking boswell christmas cookie right now.

mac baren vanilla creme not too bad but the vanilla fades quickly.

believe it or not.................some experimental capt black that has been jarred for a year or two..................is not to bad. (believe it or not still has some pg in it)

camo

Rob_In_MO":43qxx3g9 said:
Simple Man":43qxx3g9 said:
I'm gettin' dizzy on VR Blend in my Sebastien Beo bulldog again... :drunken:
Yeah, but what are you mixing with it to make you dizzy? :mrgreen:
:lol: I wish something strong tonight, but it's just the weed. This stuff seems to be pretty high in N or maybe it's just lack of sleep.