Vehicle 'just in case' Supplies

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slow Puffs

Reaction score
Reading PB's tobacs that he takes on his travels... jogged my mind that I carry emergency "just in case" things in my vehicle. I smoke in my Jeep but just in case i leave and forget something, I have...

a few 'penny' match packs
a couple of old cobs
a couple of what I call "car blends".... opened tins that I'm not particularly in love with but hey when there's nothing else...
a few pipe cleaners
This is "just in case" I forget a pipe, a lighter or a tin of tobacco... and at my age it happens...

awesome. I've been meaning to do that but I keep forgeting!

What do you think about leaving pipes in the car during winter weather? Obviously you'd warm them for a while before using them, but what about that extra expansion and contraction? Maybe that's why you went with old cobs (although some of those are the best ones).

I kept a couple of pipes and some tobacco, matches etc in the my Jeep for years while I was smoking cigars. Along with a several fly rods and associated gear. I seldom used them. Your post makes me wonder why I'm not doing that now that I'm smoking pipes exclusively. One of life's little ironies I suppose. This will be corrected tomorrow. Perhaps a couple of my old, cheap Jost's that I don't smoke much any more - even though they are still great smokers.

My always has a full complement of smoking equipment and tobacco - 2 pipes (1 small briar and 1 large cob), Czech tool, cleaners, 2 lighters and matches, some lesser baccy and PA.

-Andrew

Buy "just in case" do you mean TEOTWAWKI or do you mean an extend time away from your house (or where ever you smoke)?

paddy-boy":o88plrgo said:
Buy "just in case" do you mean TEOTWAWKI or do you mean an extend time away from your house (or where ever you smoke)?
Because I don't smoke in the house, I smoke in the garage or while walking the dog and in my vehicle... so usually load a couple of pipes to take with me... sometimes, the lighter runs out of fuel or the pipe and tobacco are left on the bench in the garage... in olden days there were many places you could stop to enjoy your pipe.

I have a leather fanny pack that I converted into a pipe bag that I carry with me everyday. At least two pipes, two tobacco pouches, cleaners, Czech tool, extra tamper, extra matches. I don't keep it in the car but I never leave home without it. I like using the fanny pack because I can buckle it around my waist when I need my hands free or have too many other things to carry.

Tip: in case you run out of matches or your zippo is dead, you can always use road flares.
icon_lol.gif

I have an old military mechanics bag that I take with me any time I leave the house. It is second nature to just grab it and throw it in the back seat of the truck. In it I keep four pipes, a couple tins of tobacco, some bulk, lighters, matches and a travel humidor with ten cigars. You just never know when you might want to go on a walk-about. :shock: Been doing this for a couple of years now.

JP wearing a fanny pack... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I'm sorry ole buddy but that right there is funny.. And the visuals of you lecturing some schmuck about the dangers of Big O straight party voting while wearing a fp is almost to much to bear... :D :D

Mikem":us8u67vx said:
I have an old military mechanics bag that I take with me any time I leave the house. It is second nature to just grab it and throw it in the back seat of the truck. In it I keep four pipes, a couple tins of tobacco, some bulk, lighters, matches and a travel humidor with ten cigars. You just never know when you might want to go on a walk-about. :shock: Been doing this for a couple of years now.
That sounds great. Ready for anything.

puros_bran":3fb8r09f said:

I'm sorry ole buddy but that right there is funny.. And the visuals of you lecturing some schmuck about the dangers of Big O straight party voting while wearing a fp is almost to much to bear... :D :D
When I think about JP wearing a fanny pak, I picture it much like a waist mounted bandoleer, complete with tins of Walnut in place of bullets.

puros_bran":mmwj2gu3 said:

Notice the fanny pack strap around my big waist. Not ashamed a bit! The other guys.....EJ, Doc M, Dock P.

Hey, in my opinion it could be a pink Barbie backpack - if it is full of briar and leaf it's cool!

I use a toiletry bag for my pipe supplies when I'm on the road. It's loaded with a few basket pipes, cleaners, matches, tampers, etc. I never leave the house without it. :)