Very Short Pipe Cleaners ???

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velveteagle

Reaction score
I was given an old Pipe Reem Tool by my Father-In-Law a week ago. This picture is the same kind of tool and case but taken from the web. Anyway I had this small silver ring with the tool and a slot which was a little bigger for it to set in. Got me thinking.. Then I see this photo and see that its holding very small pipe cleaners.. Okay I am scratching my head trying to figure out what in the heck you would use these for ??? I am new on this board but for the life of me I can't figure it out.. Need some help here... :?: :?: :?:

That short knurled knob at the top unscrews to reveal a tool to clean the air way. Those short pipe cleaners are used like pillow ticking in a muzzleloader to clean the airway. Keep them as collectables and cut regular pipe cleaners shorter. That tool has a hole near the end for them to fit though.

Thanks Carlos.. I have the tool unscrewed that cleans the shank air way. But I will confess I am still trying to figure out how you use pillow ticking in a muzzleloader when it comes to cleaning the pipe.. Okay I am slow.. I did not find a hole near the end for the short pipe cleaners.. This model must not have done that.. The reemer edges are still sharp.. I have to bore out my Sav Auto #5 soon. I will go slow and leave a dimes thickness for the carbon from what I have been told.. So far that is the only pipe that has built up enough carbon.. Thanks for your time Carlos... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I recently purchased an identical tool and wondered what those short pipe cleaners were for! The drill bit in mine does have that hole in the tip of the bit.