Vices of the 1880's

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milan

Reaction score
Too bad no clinics on opium smoking. That would be an interesting 19th century vice.
Although kind of scary as well.

That does sound very cool. I'd love to watch tobacco processing live.

Do they have a bordello complete with tinny piano and bead curtains? With a circular couch around a support column to display the wares, as in paintings of the era? They had a mercury cure for the consequences back then. Do they serve absinthe? If they do, then we're talking...

babysinister":tnmfg0h7 said:
Do they have a bordello complete with tinny piano and bead curtains? With a circular couch around a support column to display the wares, as in paintings of the era? They had a mercury cure for the consequences back then. Do they serve absinthe? If they do, then we're talking...
:lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

maybe thats a business venture that should be explored, 1880's gin joint/opium den/burlesque/bordello? I am sure you would have a line around the block.

Stackle2":uwz7rd2u said:
maybe thats a business venture that should be explored, 1880's gin joint/opium den/burlesque/bordello? I am sure you would have a line around the block.
If you want to go halfsies on it... I'm in. We could start our first place in St. Albans. ;)
Let's go Mountaineers!

Milan

HA! Dayton would probably be just a good a place as St. Albans...Can do it right there on woodman drive...lol

Stackle2":f5tk984x said:
HA! Dayton would probably be just a good a place as St. Albans...Can do it right there on woodman drive...lol
Pretty crazy... I live right off Woodman. We may want to open two spots, one in each location. We would want to move it down to the Huffman area to generate a higher frequency of trick turning.

Cheers!

I lived in the (ultra crappy) woodman lawn appts for a little while when I was staying in dayton. Long story short, never move somewhere for a girl you have known for only a few months...

Yeah, 2 locations would make sense, 1 in jefferson WV, 1 in dayton OH. Could sell franchise licenses!

Stackle2":sgxzf752 said:
I lived in the (ultra crappy) woodman lawn appts for a little while when I was staying in dayton. Long story short, never move somewhere for a girl you have known for only a few months...

Yeah, 2 locations would make sense, 1 in jefferson WV, 1 in dayton OH. Could sell franchise licenses!
That's one of the nicer places to stay here in Dayton. :lol:
I'm surprised it didn't make you fall in love with our great city?