Viking pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red kilt

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone owned or had experience with Viking pipes. I am looking at them and they seem like nice affordable pipes but just wanted to consult the brothers first. many thanks.

Think they used to be essentially the low end Bjarnes, but I will admit to being a little hazy on current details as far as how the brand has transitioned since he passed.

Bjarne's higher grades had a fairly good rep, but the Vikings were a bit hit or miss from what I understand. I had one of his handmades in my possession for a while and it was a fantastic smoker, but unfortunately that doesn't really shed any light on the current production Viking line, which I guess means I really didn't provide you with any helpful information whatsoever. For that, I do apologize.

Frost":istn0uml said:
Think they used to be essentially the low end Bjarnes, but I will admit to being a little hazy on current details as far as how the brand has transitioned since he passed.

Bjarne's higher grades had a fairly good rep, but the Vikings were a bit hit or miss from what I understand. I had one of his handmades in my possession for a while and it was a fantastic smoker, but unfortunately that doesn't really shed any light on the current production Viking line, which I guess means I really didn't provide you with any helpful information whatsoever. For that, I do apologize.
No apologies neccesary Frost. You may not have givin direct info on what i was looking for but you gave me some info and i learned some. I thank you for that :D

I have a half bent apple Viking. One of my favorite pipes. Smokes great, looks great, good balance, nice price.