Vintage Tobacciana....<<<Please Post Your Pics>>>

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up a Peterson clock off ePrey for pretty darn cheap. It'll be great on my wall when I buy a house.

That Peterson clock is a sweet find Kai! Here is a pic of my Montecristo cigar clock.....

DSC00247.jpg

One of my favorite!

Orlik judge statue. Age unknown but likely from the 1960's
pipes003.jpg

My matching Dunhill pipe tobacco humidor and pipe rest holding a Peder Jeppeson acorn, and a Luigi Viprati billiard.....

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

Two more Dunhill pipe tobacco humidors I have in my collection, both with a nautical theme.....

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

Those are awesome. Y'all got me into the old tobacco jars now too darn it all. (It's okay tough because I already had a few from antiquing with my parents years ago)

This is a really cool thread, guys. I've really enjoyed looking through everyone's collection of tobacciana. I don't have a ton to contribute, but there is one little gem that I picked up a few years back at an antique book store outside of Ithaca, NY. The book is called Tobacco Talk and Smoker's Gossip. I've read several of the stories in it and have to say it's a very fun read. If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to type up a few of them and post them in another thread.

The book was printed in 1885, judging by the roman numberals at the bottom of the title page. You can click on the thumbnails for a larger image.

We have West Highland Terriers, so anytime I spy a Westie pipe holder, I grab it. My three so far.
2525483380062237293VYDkkh_ph.jpg

I always enjoy seeing your collection Doc, an incredible assembly of tobacciana. En excellent thread!

I had a few more things than I thought, including a 4th Westie stand. (new one is pot metal)

Westie_4_Stands.jpg

A Kentucky Club Sampler

Kentucky_Club_Tobacco_2.jpg

My pipe stand. We've owned this for 25+ years but only in the last two was it put back into it's original intention. One day I'll commission a rack that will hold about 18 pipes and fit on top.

6-Pipe_Rack1.jpg

My first ashtray, a siroco piece (same as the Westie stands).

Ebay_Ashtray.jpg

A Sherlock Holmes pipe case, I gather from the 70's?

Sherlock_Holmes_Case.jpg

I love some of the vintage pipe holders, the little dog ones are great. I hope to find some of these while antique shopping in the near future.

GBD mirror, not sure of it's age, but I am guessing from the 60's or 70's.....

DSC00299_zps3c1f455d.jpg

Some great stuff. One say I wish to have a den decorated with vintage tobacciana. Keep em coming!

Thanks guys! The GBD mirror looks better in the digital pics than she actually looks. There are a few age spots where the silver has turned on the mirror, and the wood has some patina. I wish I knew a little more history on when it was made, but sadly even some of the GBD pipes are difficult to date.

Dock":p3hvq4nk said:
I'll start this off with an uber rare Balkan Sobranie tobacco jar from the 40's-50's. Even after a decade of investigating no one seems to have any information about it. I've never met a single soul who has ever seen one like it. It's been seen by every major collector I know and they just shake their heads. Speculation is that it was made by an English firm and presented to someone high up in the company.

NewStuff003.jpg
First off, beautiful bits of tobacciana, everyone. Thanks for sharing them.
With regard to this jar from the OP, when you mentioned the possibility of it being custom made for Sobranie by an English firm, it reminded me of a Comoy's jar a friend of mine recently acquired that has the same kind of brass closure. I don't have a pic of his, but I found this item on ebay in a similar vein: http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-COMOYS-OF-LONDON-TOBACCO-POT-HUMIDOR-BRASS-TOP-CERAMIC-round-container-/281060577817?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4170841219

Just a thought.