Visit to Peterson's

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowflyingpenguin

Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to Ireland and visited Peterson's shop on Nassau Street in Dublin. Of course I didn't leave empty handed!

NQZGtkzVtyH-vvCj-R_oF2Og8Q_9q6vGATmBhn6Whwk=w237-h207-p-no

Looks like he got himself a fine one.  ;) 

Yep that's me on the left handing over the credit card. It is indeed a pot Dracula rustic picked out by my wife.

This was the beginning of the trip and I was originally looking for the new Sports series pipes but they aren't available as yet. I made it back there at the end of our vacation in the western counties and -----

----bought another pipe! (Mark Twain bent smooth).

BTW the tobacco in Ireland is insanely priced. A 50g pouch sells for around 21euros (31 CAD / 27 USD). They were telling me at the shop that next to Australia they may have the highest tobacco prices. I wanted to buy some plug tobacco but changed my mind once I factored in the cost  :no:

lowflyingpenguin":50wwpzqg said:
...BTW the tobacco in Ireland is insanely priced. A 50g pouch sells for around 21euros (31 CAD / 27 USD). They were telling me at the shop that next to Australia they may have the highest tobacco prices. I wanted to buy some plug tobacco but changed my mind once I factored in the cost  :no:
Welcome to our world!  :twisted:

alandadp":u9qanahs said:
lowflyingpenguin":u9qanahs said:
...BTW the tobacco in Ireland is insanely priced. A 50g pouch sells for around 21euros (31 CAD / 27 USD). They were telling me at the shop that next to Australia they may have the highest tobacco prices. I wanted to buy some plug tobacco but changed my mind once I factored in the cost  :no:
Welcome to our world!  :twisted:
Amen brother Adam...

Sweet, glad you came back with a pipe straight from their shop. I would love to make it out there some day!

i.keenum":7xj8osi7 said:
Sweet, glad you came back with a pipe straight from their shop.  I would love to make it out there some day!

Yeah, they have literally a room full of Pete's. If you are into Petes this place is like a candy store. The guy in the pic looked after me on both occasions and let me pick up and look at anything that caught my eye.

Interestingly enough one of the display cases was completely filled with Peterson meers, I don't recall seeing so many before, but I passed on one because they did not have hardcases. I was travelling throughout the country I did not want to take a chance of damaging anything I bought.

BTW I have had a couple of bowls in the Dracula and it smokes really well. I will try the Twain this weekend because the bowl is quite large and I expect it will smoke for a couple of hours.

Awesome. I visited the factory in 2011 and bought four pipes. It was a great tour and the people who work there were very hospitable. Glad you got that Dracula---very cool pipe

Very nice acquisition. I've noticed that friends in Ireland are always grateful to recieve in the mail a wee gift of pipeweed, especially one that is above modest sample size:) And it's a treat for the sender to foil the nazis and money grubbers.

Re the cost of tobacco: The same here in Canada. I've just ordered a 50g tin of McLelland's Blackwoods Flake from a local tobacconist (they're also few a far between) for $34.00....and I don't think it includes the 13% tax. :affraid:  It's horrendous really!

Here is the pipe RB I email you about!! Friend of mine picked it up for me from the Peterson shop in Ireland.
DSC01347_zps79ab76d4.jpg
" />

DSC01342_zps01a98903.jpg
" />

gregandrews":z1750fz5 said:
Here is the pipe RB I email you about!! Friend of mine picked it up for me from the Peterson shop in Ireland.
DSC01347_zps79ab76d4.jpg
" />

DSC01342_zps01a98903.jpg
" />
Damn, I'm not normally a fan of Churchwardens but that shape and my favorite color of green makes that pipe very beguiling!

8)

Cheers,

RR