Vodka

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe Absolut of course!!

Best vodka moment: relaxing by the BBQ at our archipelago summerhouse with a glass of Absolut vodka mixed with freshly squeezed lemon, mint leaves and Sprite.

Worst vodka moment: St: Patrick's day in Paris when I was 16. A couple of man-sized drinks were made with Orangina (~ half the bottle) from the dreaded Grishkanoff, the cheapest vodka, and then out on the town to party... Until everything went black about 20 minutes later.

thedeep":bbff020e said:
I've never been a great fan of vodka. However, a former student brought me a bottle of Zubrowka. It is flavored with bison grass (whatever that is--a grass that is a favorite of European bison). It is quite tasty.
There is a legend that a Bison peed on the grass which was then put into the Vodka this is suppsedly what gives the vodka its yellowy tinge. At least that is what the locals used to say when I lived in Poland. It is a very nice vodka as long as it is ice cold.

Doc Manhattan: Good yountov cousin! I appreciate your Vodka info. Now I'm done with the Extra Heavy Sweet Malaga Manachewitcz. Vodka with Matzos and Penzance in my Passover pipe is going to be outstanding.

gandalfpc":3zfoa77b said:
For me it's vodka made from potatoes in Russia or Poland - none of that french wheat for me :)
I have to agree with gandalp. Austrian Potatoe Vodka Monopolowa Made By J,A. Baczewski or Blue Ice Vodka from Idaho

gandalfpc":argjimx0 said:
For me it's vodka made from potatoes in Russia or Poland - none of that french wheat for me :)
Indeed!

I haven't drank vodka I liked (Stolly is ok but I don't exactly like it. It's just drinkable (in the opinion of my tongue/palate, of course!)) in a long time because it's hard to get potato-based vodkas here. Such a shame. Back in the day while visiting Poland my idea of vodka changed completely. Brought as much as I could back home with me in my backpack - including 20 hours in a bus on those horrendous roads, it's a miracle nothing was broken.

Finishing a 1.75 of Tito's. Very little taste. My liquor store man said that vodka is "like alcoholic water." The only other 2 spirits of drank are bourbon and scotch. Much more to my liking. What am I missing?

Tito's is a superb vodka and it comes at a fraction of the cost of the GG's and Belvedere's of the world. I always thought that the clean practically tasteless and burn free profile was the driving point of fine vodkas.

Oh and I agree that the Blue Ice potato vodka from Idaho is really nice. It was once easy to find in CA, but not so much anymore.