Walker Briar Works - Forever Stems

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dutch":j62j8qzf said:
I purchased several of Dave's stems for my cobs, and I have been extremely happy with the quality. Internally, they are spot on, and visually, they really dress up my cobs.

I would highly recommend any of the services and products he offers.
Cheap as I am, I have three of these stems. They are very well made, and I highly recommend them. They really change the cob smoking experience for me, but I am a little sensitive to "mouth feel."

Puff Daddy":qlflrv5y said:
A promised update. Got my nosewarmer bit from Walker Briar and it's worth every penny. Going to order a bent one for filtered cobs (this one is straight unfiltered). Daves nosewarmer bits are an inch and a half and balance perfectly. Excellent airway, smokes wonderfully, fast service and shipping, can't beat it.

As I figured, as soon as I put this new bit in the Spindle Cob it smoked like a dream.

image12.jpg

image13.jpg

image14.jpg

image15.jpg
Puff, the color of that acrylic stem really goes well with the natural color of a well smoked cob. Yours looks much more appealing than my black shortie stem. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Agreed, that color combo is sweet! I plan on smoking nothing but cobs this year and I hop I can get the same color out of mine.

That is actually a brand new cob. Bought it from a guy on ebay who stains them himself.

Puff Daddy":e9eqotfg said:
That is actually a brand new cob. Bought it from a guy on ebay who stains them himself.
Ummmm, that's cheating! :lol:

Puff Daddy":kw21akcc said:
Crap! I wish you wouldn't have said that. I do not need another cob do I?

Just need to figure out how to do that stain job ourselves....... :suspect:

Puff Daddy":wo5gxpdi said:
Puff, I experimented once with a stain I use to build wood arrows. I use Rit dye and mix it with denatured alcohol, and it works great on arrow woods, but I couldn't get it to absorb properly into a cob. I was trying to stain the cob green, but it just wasn't happening. Not sure why, but I have always been fascinated with green pipes.

I also tried some standard brown Minwax stains, but they didn't absorb into the Plaster of Paris fill, and eventually caused the PoP to turn loose in some places. I epoxied those pieces back in though.

I never tried soaking the cob in the Rit dye mix over a period of time though, maybe that would have allowed the stain to absorb properly.

Dutch":6hygot6r said:
Puff Daddy":6hygot6r said:
Puff, I experimented once with a stain I use to build wood arrows. I use Rit dye and mix it with denatured alcohol, and it works great on arrow woods, but I couldn't get it to absorb properly into a cob. I was trying to stain the cob green, but it just wasn't happening. Not sure why, but I have always been fascinated with green pipes.

I also tried some standard brown Minwax stains, but they didn't absorb into the Plaster of Paris fill, and eventually caused the PoP to turn loose in some places. I epoxied those pieces back in though.

I never tried soaking the cob in the Rit dye mix over a period of time though, maybe that would have allowed the stain to absorb properly.
Gee whiz guys, they're JUST CORNCOBS !! :twisted:

monbla256":cf7eobcw said:
Yep, affordable fun. Couldn't go tinkering  with those fancy Dunghills like this, expensive as they are, even if they don't smoke nearly as good as the cobs.

Puff Daddy":p7dq9vwu said:
monbla256":p7dq9vwu said:
Yep, affordable fun. Couldn't go tinkering  with those fancy Dunghills like this, expensive as they are, even if they don't smoke nearly as good as the cobs.
Could be, but my two Dunnies smoke WAAAAAY BETTER than my cobs for sure !! Oh well, different strokes for different folks :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":psrhw9pf said:
Dutch":psrhw9pf said:
Puff Daddy":psrhw9pf said:

Just a corncob? Not only are they a Hillbilly mainstay, they are viewed by some as a fashion accessory!

If the corncob pipe is just a corncob, then I would submit that the Montblanc pen is just a pen, and no more functional than my black Industrial Sharpie!

Who could watch this video and not agree that the American corncob is the go to pipe of the American pipeman.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tRJj11M3B2I" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>

Dutch":s1k7sb2m said:
monbla256":s1k7sb2m said:
Dutch":s1k7sb2m said:
Puff Daddy":s1k7sb2m said:

Just a corncob? Not only are they a Hillbilly mainstay, they are viewed by some as a fashion accessory!

If the corncob pipe is just a corncob, then I would submit that the Montblanc pen is just a pen, and no more functional than my black Industrial Sharpie!

Who could watch this video and not agree that the American corncob is the go to pipe of the American pipeman.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tRJj11M3B2I" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen ></iframe>
The older MB's were just that. a pen. but not todays' They make pocket jewelry, not really WRITTING PENS as they once did for sure !! With that, they are STILL JUST corncobs as Briars are JUST BRIARS !! A pipe's a pipe. Load it, light it and smoke this "evil weed" and enjoy it !! Oward thru the Fog  :twisted: :twisted: