want to try dry snuff

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would recommend placing an order with Mr Snuff or Toque.

With Toque you can get 10 - 10 gram tins for the price of 9. I think Mr Snuff may offer the same deal with Toque snuffs.

If I went with Toque one I would start with would be Berwick Brown. It is more coarse and easier for a beginner to snuff.

Outside of Toque I would go for Viking Dark or some of the Samuel Gawith Snuffs. I would get a mix of grinds from coarse to toast. Some people seem to like the more coarse snuffs first and then move to more finely ground drier snuffs. I prefer toast over other styles.

snuffhouse.org has some reviews.

You could try some of the American Scotch snuffs. They should be available at local grocery stores. But they can be very brutal for a beginner.

https://mistersnuff.com/catalog/index.php

http://www.toquesnuff.com/

Giving this some more thought....there are so many snuffs out there it is hard to make recommendations. My main recommendation would be to get a variety of styles and grinds.

Coarse is good for learning how to snuff without getting tobacco in your lungs. But for me finer and dryer causes me less nasal problems.

My favorite producers are Toque, Wilson's, Samuel Gawith (who everyone feel makes the Viking line). Another favorite of mine is FUBAR Grunt.

I have to agree with everything said by slide about technique and brand/types and also would say you should look into De Kralingse dutch snuff as their snuffs are great for beginners and everyday users. Also a lot of it depends on what types of snuff you're looking to try. If you like pure tobaccos then I would recommend avoiding floral snuffs, medicated (unless you like vicks, bengay, or menthol smells) fruity and chocolates are very good for starters. When in doubt or if you have any question about snuffs and snuffing go to The premier nasal snuff discussion forum. which has been around for many years and is now owned by Mr. Snuff himself :!: