We made the news

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fame is so fleeting...  Ride it Dan!:bounce: :farao: :bounce:

A great write-up. So nice to see something positive on the subject for once.

Quote:

"...and pinwheels of "luxury bullseye flake," the latter which requires pinching the tobacco loose from a molded round shape."

For some reason "pinwheels of" sounds so much better than the industry "curly cut" or "spun cut," or "coins." From now on, in casual conversation I will be going with "a pinwheel and a half of Stokkebye LBF" (although I do not think I can stop using "coin" when referencing Escudo, given the original image intended).

Outstanding article

....wish we had one here in Tallahassee (sigh)..sadly I can't find one pipe smoker in this area.

Nice article!  I hope it helps you folks out. I only wish there was a similar group here in W-S!

Very cool. It references a nice WSJ article on the rise of pipe smoking too. Congrats on the press!

That is really cool. Usually there is only disparaging & demonizing, but not much discussion about what actually goes on. Hopefully this helps the club.

Cheers Dan! :cheers: 

That is really nice. I'm glad to know Chattanooga has a pipe crowd. I'm planning on moving up that way in about 2 years (after my youngest graduates HS).

As I've posted before, we have a great B&M here in Jackson where I can go and smoke and have great conversations. I keep bringing up the idea of a pipe club and JD thinks it's a great idea but that's about as far as it gets.

The only pipe-smokers I know are the ones that I meet at The Country Squire but what's interesting to me is that I'll be sitting there and see a bunch of different guys come in and buy tobacco but they never sit and visit. There must be a bunch of people who only smoke in their homes and don't divulge to others of their pastime. That's weird for me because, although I smoke alone a lot, I prefer to smoke with others for the relaxation and lively conversation.

Glad to see you made the news in a very positive light.

Very nice to see something positive about our Brotherhood/Sisterhood, that shot of you Dan makes you look very enigmatic, good to see some Sisters there too, wow, what a wonderful array of ink that Sister is sporting, delightful Meerschaum, was it a members pipe!?