We need more people like this

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greyson

Reaction score
superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-5.jpg
At the Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis, Tennessee, the window washers donned superhero costumes for their normal workday in an attempt to cheer up children at the facility. It might seem silly to many of us, but I’ll bet you dollars to doughnuts it meant the world to those kids.

superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-0.jpg

superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-2.jpg

superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-7.jpg

superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-1.jpg

superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-4.jpg

superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-6.jpg

superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-8.jpg

superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-9.jpg

superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-10.jpg

superhero-window-washers-childrens-hospital-3.jpg
Reposted from the Chive

Hell, I dress like that just because it's Thursday and get nothing but funny looks. :evil:

George Kaplan":7ktg08d0 said:
Hell, I dress like that just because it's Thursday and get nothing but funny looks. :evil:
I thought Mondays were for superheroes?

Kudos to the window washers!

well normally I would just agree out of hand, but having gotten to know Greyson a bit I wonder...

is he saying we need more people to concern themselves with making suffering children's lives a little better?

or is he saying we need more hunky men to run around in spandex suits?

the world may never know

rev

A little of both wouldn't do anyone any harm Rev. Btw I'm still waiting for that autographed glossy...

My wife works for CHoP, it really is a wonderful place. Her job is the reason we stayed here in Philly instead of returning to NY after we finished school.

They don't get bonuses or anything like that, so when ever the hospital wants to reward them it gives them all sorts of CHoP swag like bags and shirts and jackets - so she's always decked out in CHoP gear. I can't tell you how often we get stopped by people who want to tell her how much they love the hospital. We were once in a checkout line at Kohls in upstate NY when a woman stopped us to tell my wife her story. It really is amazing.

In a similar vein, it is absolutely amazing how much fun you can have at a juvenile prison on Halloween night with one of those hard plastic Frankenstein's Monster masks with the eyes that glow in the dark.

After lights-out, suspend it by a couple of fishing lines & lower it from the windows of the floor above so that it attracts each one's attention, banging in the breeze against the bars over his window.

You don't know what pandemonium really is until you've seen the result first hand.

They think they know there aren't any such things as monsters. But when they see it, and have no way of accounting for it, it gets primeval.

WAY better than the old rubber snake in the bathroom.

:face: