Welcoming Number two

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trifecta13

Reaction score
Well I haven't been making the rounds nearly as much as I would have liked lately. I'm sure some of you have been saddened/thrilled in equal measure. Kidding aside, my wife and I are welcoming our second child in almost exactly a month now. It will be our second boy and while I still have no clue what I'm doing, the old I'm a clueless new dad excuse doesn't seem like it's going to fly any longer. Any way, glad to finally share with you all and I look forward to finding respite among you on e again once the dust has settled.

Hey that is wonderful news, I hope the birth goes well for your good lady, what an exciting time for you both, many many more sleepless nights coming your way but they are so worth it when your get that first proper smile (not the gassy cringe we oft mistake for a smile but that truly magical moment, you know the one), aye, I envy you Buddy, a newborn is a true treasure to us, best wishes to you both, such a great time. :)

Congratulations. It's been 41 years since I welcomed mine but I remember the day as if it was today ! Enjoy it all :) 

Great news!:cheers: 

Very happy for you brother!

Fraternally

Jers

Congrats! Mine are 5 and 3, and it's a blast. Enjoy your time with them!

Thanks for all the well wishes. It's getting frighteningly close now. I had to commemorate the special event with a bit of PAD and TAD (probably one of my last until the smoke clears). Will be sure to post in the appropriate section once I have everything in and a couple snapshots to accompany them. We really are excited, and I personally am looking forward to popping in more frequently for my daily dose of refinement, intellect, and grace. That failing, I'll settle for you lot!:lol: In all seriousness, I can't overstate my appreciation for this great community.

Yours Fraternally,
Trifecta

Cheers brother! My second is due 12/26, but you never know how these things will work out. The second time is easy compared to the first go-round, right? That's what I'm going to keep telling myself at least. :lol: 

Bspirit.'s observation that a newborn is a treasure I find very correct. When they first arrive they're clueless but very thankful when showed the ropes with great affection and respect. It's as if they've arrived from a different country where things in general are done very differently.

Great responsibility, great joy. Babies are phenomenal!

I feel all out of place...I had 2 by the time I was 27...

Babies are boring until they start to do stuff...(I still love 'em). My 3 and 5 year olds are a blast. I love this age. They have little personalities, they get mad, they get happy, they want affection one minute and then tell me not to touch them the next. I love seeing their little brains work.

Enjoy it!

Congratulations!