Well, I'm not Georges Simenon for sure !

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like some real nice work you've done there 12toneman. I'm not so sure my woodcraft skills are sufficient to the task though. :lol!:

Did you make your own corbels or did you find some pre-fab'd? And I imagine the horizontal shelves would have to notched to fit around the vertical bits (stiles? rails? mullions?) :roll: .

Maybe one of these days I'll make an attempt and see how it turns out. I don't suppose you've any pictures of that beauty loaded with your own pipes, do you? 8)

Happy Holidays and thanks for posting! :santa:

thanks...yup, made the corbels myself.

And I imagine the horizontal shelves would have to notched to fit around the vertical bits
yes, sir.

I don't suppose you've any pictures of that beauty loaded with your own pipes, do you?
the color picture on the right is mine; those are my pipes.

I wanted to share a couple of good simenon items I came across.

First this video....there are several Simenon pipe-footage vids on the internet. I had never seen this one before. Good, but brief shot of GS packing a pipe and abusing another one with a knife (also notice the generous glass of whiskey). This is at 11'34":

http://la1.rsi.ch/_dossiers/player.cfm?uuid=6952ac2d-ccfb-438d-a998-5d39da9aa7c4

Second item: photograph. what's different about this pic? answer: Dunhill Flake on the table (not the usual RY)!