Well it's been fun, we're beyond boned

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The three above comments made my eyes go wide! AJ, I hadn't even thought about that!

I was thinking an easy way around would be the shop owner hands the rep a $1 bill and receives a cigar, the rep hands the $1 bill back and receives a glass of water. That part will be easy to get around because I don't really see them having the capability to patrol every shop in America and every rep in America. Especially not every day. I'm just frustrated that it's even part of the regulations. Because I don't understand how free samples to shop owners or customers who have their ID checked is somehow encouraging youth to smoke.

Ozark is correct. A lot of it started because of the e-cig fad. Which had already been the same as purchasing cigars/cigarettes, you must be 18 to purchase. A lot of the e-cig flavors do have cute fruity names and I can see why that might attract some youth. But unfortunately, where the government sees a chance to grab control plus some, they always take the plus some. What's weird is that hookah has been around much longer than e-cigs and they had all the fruity tuity flavors too. No one made a hub bub until e-cigs. New items under their control if these regulations do not get altered: Cigars, Pipe Tobacco, E-cigs, and hookah tobacco. They plan on targeting flavored cigars and internet sales after this.

Did any of you read about what was required to be submitted for approval? It's not just the ingredients for cigars or pipe tobacco! It's also packaging, marketing, advertising, and the surgeon general warning has to still cover 30% of the display too.

I read that whole thing, and I'm not sure any of it actually means anything. It sounds like they want to take a hard stab at vaping and the cigars people use for pot. Maybe part of the issue is that the long term effects of vaping haven't been realized as of yet. That'll take a whole generation to establish. I'm not positive this is angled at legit fine tobacco products though. For the most part, the methods of manufacture of such products hasn't changed much in the last hundred years except for sanitary manufacturing practices. And even then, that's not everywhere lol.

I have a niece that's 15, and I've talked with her about the negative aspect of cigarette smoking. She told me most kids her age don't nowadays, it's considered to be gross. But the e cigs and dip are big in her school. I guess the anti smoking education in schools is working as far as cigs are concerned, which can't be bad.