Well now. Isn't this cool.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos

Administrator
Staff member
B of B Supporter
Council Member
Reaction score
I knew Starline brass was making 308 Winchester brass now. I wondered about that, seeing as it's plentiful. Checking out their website, I discover that they are also making 358 Winchester brass. That's a plus as it's pretty rare now days. I had no idea that some of the black rifles were being converted to 358 Win. Makes sense as it's really a 308 necked up to 35 caliber. Starline says for those that want a little more thump than a 308 gives them.

A little more thump. :lol: My bolt action with full power loads really smacks a 100yd berm hard. Shoot a hundred rounds and your shoulder will know it. Operating the action should make a 358 a bit more manageable. So that is something to keep an eye out for on the range. I am always picking up brass from those that do not reload. Now I don't have to depend on resizing 308's. Hornady has been making 200gr loads for the market and brass is often available. But Winchester brass is really rare. I like Starline brass.

Scoop up the 38/357/44 and I'll figure out some way to pay you for it, yankee greenbacks, baccy, shine, gold, what have ya.

Edited in: Got silly and hit send too soon.
Black rifles are expanding out all over the place. Have you seen the 458 SOCOM, the 6.5 Grendel & 6.5 creedmore. I've been considering building out a 300BLK pistol with sig brace.

Yeah. Some of those I was aware of. I saw the release notes on the 308 but had no idea they were also doing 358 Win. I have a bunch of Starline pistol brass. Going to have to add this one to the list for next time.

Good old Starline. They've got 50 Beowulf brass in stock right now, wish I had the cash to get some more.