Went to my first pipe meet up. Southern Dallas.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stapf

Reaction score
We had our first semi official pipe meet up at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill TX.  Looks like it may be a monthly thing.  One of the guys just yelled out during the Cowboy's game SUN that Wed was pipe night.  We had at least 14 people show up. I think at least 3 of them were smoking a pipe for the first time that they had bought that week for Pipe Night.  Some folks brought pipes to show and the owner Jim brought in a batch of pipes that he had just bought that day to clean up and put in the shop which included a good # of Dunhills and a few Petersons among others.  Fun time.  My pics are super blurry because my phone is old and the camera sucks, but shen they post photos on the Tobacco Cabana web site I'll try to link them on here.

stapf":qncyunrw said:
We had our first semi official pipe meet up at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill TX.  Looks like it may be a monthly thing.  One of the guys just yelled out during the Cowboy's game SUN that Wed was pipe night.  We had at least 14 people show up. I think at least 3 of them were smoking a pipe for the first time that they had bought that week for Pipe Night.  Some folks brought pipes to show and the owner Jim brought in a batch of pipes that he had just bought that day to clean up and put in the shop which included a good # of Dunhills and a few Petersons among others.  Fun time.  My pics are super blurry because my phone is old and the camera sucks, but shen they post photos on the Tobacco Cabana web site I'll try to link them on here.
be sure to post and lest us know of the next get together!

They are talking about The first WED of each month at 7pm. I'm not sure that is set in stone. I'm also not sure how it would work for non members of the lounge as that is after shop hours I suspect that if you came early and spoke with Dave or Jim they would be fine with paying the 1 dollar daily membeship and staying for it while the members with keys to the lounge are there. I don't know for sure though. I'll ask about it.

As to your comment in the Welcome section, yes like most tobacco shops it is more cigar oriented, but compared with 3R's or Up In Smke it is very pipe oriented. Jim works Tuesdays and some Saturdays. I'm not sure of his specific schedule other wise. He has been working less lately, but if you get him started talking pipes his preference shows. Last night's quote "It's taken 10 years to see this" upon walking into a full lounge with everyone smoking a pipe tells the story. Now David is definately a cigar guy so if you have only met him I totally understand. Also the stock of good pipes is a little low right now, but once Jim gets the pipes he showed us yesterday cleaned up and ready they should have a good batch of estates again.

Our next Pipe Night at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill TX is the first Wed of Feb at 7pm.  I believe that is the 5th. (Edit: it is the 4th)  I spoke with David and he said they would be welcome to non-members coming even though the store will be closed.  Be prepared to pay the 1 dollar single day membership.  Just come around the side to the Cabana entrance.  My name is Ross.  I'll be there baring act of God.  I'll post an official anouncement in the community in action section once their Feb newsletter comes out.  They may anounce it there and I can link to official word.  I'm hoping they will keep the shop open late.  They did that unofficially last time as first time pipers realized they needed something.

Wished I lived closer, there's just no B&M's around here, specially one
I can sit and enjoy a pipe with others of same.

puros_bran":jhr7alf1 said:
Ain't but an hour n half or two hour drive Cart.
Ya just don't know how hard it is for me just to drive half of that. :fpalm:

Man, I would love to get in on this being that I just moved to the dfw area. But, I may have a prior commitment on the first wednesdays. I need to confirm it first, if I am free, I will hit you up.

Cartaphilus":ezx3u2et said:
puros_bran":ezx3u2et said:
Yes I do, that's why I felt compelled to bring it up.   :twisted:

I rode across town, and by 'across town' I meant a 10 minute drive on mostly 2 lane, and needed medicine and a cane.... I know exactly how hard it is.   Lol

puros_bran":7rmdlocm said:
Cartaphilus":7rmdlocm said:
puros_bran":7rmdlocm said:
Yes I do, that's why I felt compelled to bring it up.   :twisted:

I rode across town, and by 'across town' I meant a 10 minute drive on mostly 2 lane, and needed medicine and a cane.... I know exactly how hard it is.   Lol
Yeah, I get pretty stove up and have to take a hand full of pills and suffer for the next two days after driving that distance one way. I took a flight to Arizona back in November, had to drive to Arlington before hand and the 2 hour flight I think was worse then the drive. I'm stuck taking Ibuprofen 800mg tabs because I'm allergic to Vicodin and all those type pain killers now.
They just wire me up and do nothing for pain. As long as I stick close to home and don't get too active I'm pretty much in control of it. But no matter what I still feel it's a blessing.
I was getting pretty tired of employers attitudes my last few years working for a living.
46 years on the work force is long enough for anyone I think. ;)

Their newsletter just came out. Pipe night tomorrow feb 4 from 6 to 9. Open to everyone. Tobacco Cabana, Cedar Hill Tx.

"The Cabana Pipe Club

This past month we had our first meeting of the Cabana pipe club. We had so much
fun and the aroma in the lounge was outstanding. So we decided to meet again this
Wednesday February the 4th. We are inviting all of our pipe smokers to join us for
the evening from 6 to 9 pm. It is also Members shirt night."