West Coast Pipe Show

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was a super show last year and looks to be a fantastic show this year. I shall have a table with many fine new and estate pipes. It would be great to have some brothers stop by and introduce themselves. It's always nice to put faces together with forum posts. It's a show not to be missed.
Andy Camire

How about if we all meet at Andy's table (table eight) at noon (if that's okay with Andy)?

bluedigital":3orufbs5 said:
Falconer":3orufbs5 said:
beaupipe":3orufbs5 said:
I think I'm going.
You gonna show your face in Vegas? :cheers:
What happens in Vegas stays in ..... well, you know ;)
Excepting spur-of-the-moment marriages to single mom cocktail waitresses with H-Cups.

Excepting tattoos. Excepting herpes and genital warts, of course. And worse.

Sounds good to me, not the previous post by Beau Pipe but the one about meeting at DocWatson's Table, see you gents there.

Day one down and what a great time, it was my pleasure to meet Utahpipeman and Doc Watson. Especially Doc who gave me a phenomenal deal on an Estate Ashton, thanks alot Doc. This was a first to me and I surely see more in my future. :D

I popped in for about a half hour in the early afternoon, bought a book and some McRanie's tabac, and hurried out. I'm going to try to go fairly early tomorrow. I have a friend coming in to the airport around 1, so we'll see.

St Fiacre":6ka6xoo2 said:
Day one down and what a great time, it was my pleasure to meet Utahpipeman and Doc Watson. Especially Doc who gave me a phenomenal deal on an Estate Ashton, thanks alot Doc. This was a first to me and I surely see more in my future. :D
You scored an estate Ashton? Awesome, I bet you will love it. When you get a chance, post up a pic, purty please!

That is cool you guys got to meet up.... I have never been to a pipe show, in fact I have never really even been to a quality B&M! Man, do I ever wish I was there. I would be on the hunt for vintage Larsen/Preben Holm/Bari freehands!

Enjoy your time there, gentlemen, and any reports are greatly appreciated!

St Fiacre":pqt7qy0o said:
Nicely done! That would have been my choice.

A pleasure to meet you too!

I think it's easier to go to pipe shows if they're not happening in the town in which you live. I made it briefly on Saturday and then again very briefly on Sunday before everyday local life intruded. Picked up another couple volumes of pipe lit and 4 or 5 of the give-away Sutliffe tins that were on display, free for the taking. Looked like a pretty small turnout on Sunday.

Congrats to Steve, Marty and Rick for putting on such a great show. It was my first show and met a lot of great people. Unfortunately I didn't know the brothers were meeting up and didn't get a chance to say "hi" to anyone.

What impressed me the most about the show was seeing, face to face, how warm everyone in our little community is. I see it on this forum a lot, but it was even better experiencing it in person.

It was great to finally chat with the inimitable Marty Pulvers. I've bought several pipes from him and traded emails in the past, but it was so great to chat in person.

I chatted with Gary Schrier about his second edition of Confessions of a Pipeman and found out that he included a story I shared with him in an email in the book!!! Way cool!!!

Of course I fell prey to PAD, but I did stay within my budget... mostly 8)

I chatted with Jeff Gracik and Tonni Nielsen for a while. I picked up a beautiful blasted tomato that I had commissioned from Jeff. I also bought a blasted bent brandy from Tonni. Those two pipes were basically my budget, but man were they worth it. I went over the budget a bit and bought a long shanked egg from newcomer Steve Liskey. If you haven't seen his work, you should really check him out.

It was great to meet the legendary tobacco blender Russ Oulette and tell him how much I enjoy his Anniversary Kake mixture. He told me how a happy accident and some experimentation gave birth to this wonderful tobacco.

As mentioned before, I only went over my budget slightly.... buuuut... I did commission pipes from the amazing Bruce Weaver and Adam Davidson. Again, both of these guys are just great people as well as outstanding artists.

I encourage anyone who leaves near Vegas to attend the show next year. It's the only one we have out here to my knowledge and it's great to meet so many great pipemen!