What are you carving?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hope it will be - right now it is ready to be polished with stain #2... still have to put stain #3 and #4... polish it and put carnauba... the grain is looking really nice..

tNd":fscy62v1 said:
i hope it will be - right now it is ready to be polished with stain #2... still have to put stain #3 and #4... polish it and put carnauba... the grain is looking really nice..
Let's see it again when it is finished, the work in progress looks very promising!

will do that here :) no problem... right now, i am a bit busy and can't work on it - so i guess in a few days more it will be finished :)
thanks for reply :)
regards
daniel

Hi guys!
Im totally new to this forum, and as a pipecarver i guess. have only carved a few pipes so far. Sitting at home in my apartment makes it kinda hard :D.
Before anyone complains about my english spelling and such, Im swedish! haha

Well, here is the latest pipe i´ve carved!

dsc_1212.jpg

You have no preoblem with your english. That's an interesting pipe you've carved, nice work, and welcome to BoB.

:cyclops: Words cannot describe, seriously. Wonderful work, all of you.

"Pretty nice" is hardly accurate (lol)...esp. for tNd (an acknowledged Master). I've carved pipes myself and know the amazing level of skill, knowledge and care that goes into these. It's really not impossible for a fairly skilled guy to turn out a niuce looking pipe. But it's the personal character to do the intensive effort that turns out items sure as he makes that place him at the top of his craft.

The Cobra that's underway will undoubtedly turn out to be incredible. It's always a very unique and interesting shape. Just go to his website and look at the finish that his pieces have...on the level of any maker anywhere...well, the great ones that is. They are stunningly perfect.

And Seastar...yours is also excellent! I'd like to see other views of it if they are available.