What Are You Reading?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
41wCAKirRsL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Cheers,

RR

71Pnxsq2OnL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Way great collection of short story thrillers which pair up well known authors who had never worked together before. The results are compelling, and now I have a direction on who to chase next. Highly recommended!

Cheers,

RR

81qGISyJrQL._AC_UY218_.jpg

What a classic. Haven't read the book for ages so just got it in again from the library. I watch the old B&W movie at least once/yr but had forgotten much of the book details.

Cheers,

RR

81WuNNYHgAL._AC_UY218_.jpg

Still on a roll with the Sandford/Lucas Davenport series.

This was one of his earlier efforts and it was a little difficult to follow sometimes as Sandford likes to introduce sub-plots and many other characters that can be difficult to follow. Sometimes I feel like I need a flow chart!

Anyhow this was a good 'un, maybe not his best. IMHO of course.

Cheers,

RR

Just last evening I finished Grant, by Ron Chernow (see my post above). As it turns out, the actual reading pages are "only" 956 pages. The remainder are pictures, acknowledgments, and chapter notes. It was quite a read. Grant was arguably our greatest war time general and one of our better presidents, even though he gets little credit for that with all the disinformation floating around about his character, intelligence, and demeanor. I found the book revealing and interesting to a high degree.