What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quarter of the way through this bowl of undated McCranies Red Flake in a straight smooth brown post-WWII Derby Natural Grain billiard (Sasieni) with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Never got to clean pipes today, so I'll do that after I post.
Derby_Natural_Grain_billiard.jpg

@Eutychus hope this helps you. I don't know if the same will be available in the USA. Price is in $CDN, of course.

I do not use these for cellaring. They are good for bulks in current use: I have one or two that have the same tobacco from three or four months ago and it remains fresh. I use them for flake, cake, and loose tobacco with equal success.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/korken-jar-with-lid-clear-glass-20227984/

Last edited:
@Eutychus hope this helps you. I don't know if the same will be available in the USA. Price is in $CDN, of course.

I do not use these for cellaring. They are good for bulks in current use: I have one or two that have the same tobacco from three or four months ago and it remains fresh. I use them for flake, cake, and loose tobacco with equal success.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/korken-jar-with-lid-clear-glass-20227984/
Thanks, Singed! I'll look them over when I get there. I'm not cellaring tobacco at this time. If and when I do I'll use some kind of canning jar.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, cod and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the last quarter of this bowl of Peretti Blend W in a straight black sandblasted circa 1950s Comoy’s Peterson’s made for Peterson, Ltd. in Wisconsin billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just fed three ferals, too. Long Tail is still here because nobody wants to adopt her. Can't understand how anyone can resist this beautiful little kitten. At some point, she'll be an out door cat, which is dangerous for her here, but I'll be left with no other choice.
Comoy's_Peterson.jpg
LTTreeCurl1.jpg

LTSideClose1.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Two Timer Gold in a straight, black sandblasted pre-1970 Comoy’s Sunrise Etched Grain straight Liverpool 309 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Comoy's_Sunrise_Liverpool.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty red delicious apple, and am now smoking aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth burgundy medium bend 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Smokes as well as a first and worth the $19.95 I paid for it all those years ago.
Chippendale_(Charatan second)_Rhodesian 49.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and have passed the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Finished reading baseball box scores.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Last smoke of the day is Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. I'm feeding Molly Danger and Sleepy Suzy. Then, I'll take care of the ferals.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

What a beautiful morning in the Bluegrass! I make it a point to relish these days, because although we are not in the deep South, we do get our share of hot and humid weather in the summer. I just walked Jacksie while smoking KBV Burley Morning Pipe in a Jensen's N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem. I'm now on the patio finishing that bowl and having a cup of Folger's Colombian coffee.
View attachment 19454
Beautiful tobacco jar Sir.

Good Morning!
And a beautiful morning it is! The chores are done, all the animals are happy. I'm taking a break with GLP Westminster in an MM Iconic Legend along with a cup of coffee. Watering next.
Bali, have you ever watched the PBS series All Creatures Great and Small? I think you would like it.