What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2014 Uhle’s 00 in a straight smooth brown post-WW2 LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian with a metal screw-in tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Been busy giving Sam the Scamp a lot of attention because she seems so lost without Long Tail. Going to read baseball box scores now.
LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian.jpg

It's a nice morning in the Bluegrass, but it's gonna be another scorcher. Again this will likely be my only pipe of the day. I'm enjoying Sutliff Rum & Maple in a 1994 Peterson's Sherlock Holmes Mycroft with tapered fishtail stem. I'm drinking Folger's Colombian and reading John Piper's A Peculiar Glory.
17187109084286809476796244100370.jpg

Good Morning!
It's a cool cloudy morning that's forecast to turn into a scorcher! We have the gazebo set up for this evening.
1000005355.jpg

I'm starting off with GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat along with a cup of coffee. Planning to water the garden while it's still overcast but first things first, my morning pipe!

Forgot to post my Father's Day smoke. My wife got me the Missouri Meerschaum 155th Anniversary pipe. Had it with my special Random Aromatics blend. It was 'yummeh', as the kids say. Would have been better if not 900° out, but could have been sideways rain, too, so there's that.

Will take her out for the second smoke today, if work let's me catch a break.
2024-06-1807.46.306115691328330126167.jpg

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs. Well the sun has finally decided to make an appearance and the last few days have been gorgeous. Yesterday myself and Mrs Z, decided to take a trip out to the adjacent village, and have a meal and drink over there, just for a change. It was a great evening, topped off by a beautiful sunset, that the picture below doesn't quite capture.
Right now I'm about to fill a bowl of Hobbit Weed in a Savinelli Oscar Tiger 626, and park myself up in the garden, and catch some rays. Have a great day my friends 😊
FB_IMG_1718629835174.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star mmmMocha, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Good Morning!
It's a cool cloudy morning that's forecast to turn into a scorcher! We have the gazebo set up for this evening.
View attachment 19584
I'm starting off with GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat along with a cup of coffee. Planning to water the garden while it's still overcast but first things first, my morning pipe!
Looks like a perfect smokin' spot!

Another Father's Day reverie, my dad's pipe and some Carter Hall. I know naught of its origin; it's stamped "Frank" and "French Briar". That's him in the photo on his and Mom's honeymoon with his new 1929 Ford Roadster and ever-present cigarette. The watch was his father's; the book was a gift from my son-in-law...

Well, this is weird! Won't let me add the photo; shows up as a big red "X". Then when I try to edit the post the photo is there. I've logged out and back in to this site (it locked me out and made me change my pass word) and my hosting site; no change. I'd delete the post but I don't know how to do that either. Maybe I'll repost later if I can figure this out!

Last edited:
Half way through this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Just fed my cats. The ferals ate earlier today. Haven't seen Abner the Eager in almost a week.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Near the first third of this bowl of 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Just finished cleaning a few pipes, and am watching the Braves-Tigers game.
4AB-TC_right.jpg