What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wfk4hu6.jpg

1k54waT.jpg

McClelland grand orientals Yenidje Highlander.

Rattray's Hal O' The Wynd in a very nice Rattray Lobster bent billiard that I just bought. Limited edition, I have no. 94 out of 100 made, but not absurdly expensive. No fills that I can see, beautiful sterling band. The only catch is that it is a 9mm filter pipe, but I've gotten to like those after having bought a couple of Butz-Choquin d'Argent filter pipes lately that were a little cheaper but comparable quality.

Earlier, HOTW in a Pete Standard System 305 Dublin that I'd put away a few years ago and forgot I even owned. It was just one of 40 pipes that I retired to get down to a more manageable 100. :)

At the moment, I am enjoying a Partagas Serie D robusto accompanied by a drop of Martell VSOP. Nice combination.

For some years now the ''mascot'' of the Cafe was one duck only but now are about 10 white and mallard. The dog was swimming among them without problem, after his bath he lay down in the pavement to dry.

ICPRAmN.jpg

1gThGLw.jpg

Briar Patch West Indies.

Sid.Stavros":59hn0227 said:
1gThGLw.jpg

Briar Patch West Indies.
Nice pipe (don't know the tobacco) and nice story to go with my Sunday morning coffee,  but I have to ask: is that sludge or motor oil in your cup??  :lol:

American Soldiers (2005) movie
12 April 2004 Iraq, among the soldiers which decide to leave the initial mission and follow their leader to help the rescue of some prisoners from a torture camp of CIA [unfortunately while returning killed by an IED] was a fellow countryman.

Georgiotis Spyros M, 19yrs PFC, Army National Guard Columbus OH, 325th Military Police Company.

jhTjyA4.jpg

I am smoking Mac Baren Navy Flake.

Brunello":antq2q8x said:
Nice pipe (don't know the tobacco) and nice story to go with my Sunday morning coffee,  but I have to ask: is that sludge or motor oil in your cup??  :lol:
The pipe is modified [rustic and paint job plus new mouthpiece], the coffee was a double espresso but due to the transfer from the machine outside to the tables [there is a road between] the waitress shake it a little bit. :oops:

Evening everyone. I actually opened up a tin of FVF that was purchased in August '02 and stuffed some in a Stanwell freehand that I've owned for more than 20 years. Apparently this is my nostalgia night.

Upon opening the tin, I was surprised to find the tobacco at a proper humidity level, and the flakes had beautiful crystals on them. This is the oldest pipe tobacco I've ever smoked, so I didn't know exactly what to expect. But I have smoked much newer vintages of FVF, so I at least have a base to compare the taste and burn qualities of it to. In my amateurish evaluation, I found it to be very smooth and slow-burning. The richness of this tobacco is off the charts, and the ash was bright silver.

I'm not sure what prompted me to save this tin all these years, nor do I know why I decided that tonight was when it would get christened. But it was an absolutely incredible smoke. Here are a few pics.

raf66":u77pv28i said:
Evening everyone. I actually opened up a tin of FVF that was purchased in August '02 and stuffed some in a Stanwell freehand that I've owned for more than 20 years. Apparently this is my nostalgia night.

Upon opening the tin, I was surprised to find the tobacco at a proper humidity level, and the flakes had beautiful crystals on them. This is the oldest pipe tobacco I've ever smoked, so I didn't know exactly what to expect. But I have smoked much newer vintages of FVF, so I at least have a base to compare the taste and burn qualities of it to. In my amateurish evaluation, I found it to be very smooth and slow-burning. The richness of this tobacco is off the charts, and the ash was bright silver.

I'm not sure what prompted me to save this tin all these years, nor do I know why I decided that tonight was when it would get christened.  But it was an absolutely incredible smoke. Here are a few pics.

raf, it looks as though you've found the legendary FVF in it's very finest expression. Color me jealous! And no this is not a mooch attempt!

:cherry:

Cheers,

RR