What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...this evening, a bowl of Lane's Golden Cavendish Slices in my P&T 2006 POY M. Tinsky Sunrise sandblast bulldog... :sunny:

“I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgment in all human affairs.”
-Albert Einstein, 1950

Earlier had 'barc in my Meer. Haven't had much much joy with this in other pipes.

This Meer has had minimal use so far. The 'barc tasted OK, but don't think this is destined to be a blend for my tastes. Seems too light and delicate for what I like.

:silent:

Cheers,

RR

huffelpuff":4m1208xo said:
72 yo PA :face: in my "Holmes" meerschaum.

Jim
I have some 98 year old PA. I imagine they taste similar. :lol:

Grasmere Flake courtesy of DrT999 (thanks buddy) in a MM Country Gentleman. Excellent G&H flake with an elegant scent. I wish this stuff was available in the US in something other than a 500g box.

Got a tin of GLP's Union Square Wednesday night. Thought I'd give it it's first bowl in one of my claw/egg Meers and it was nice. Not much different than most of McC's va's but I'll have to give it some more bowls before I really decide. Tried it tonight, nothing bad, just not as much as I thought it would be. Time and smoking will tell :p

Finishing off some DGT Escudo in a Shell briar brandy from earlier. So good I might have to load up another bowl right after this one!
f802816e.jpg

Woah... this is some serious tobacco GK! I don't think my mouth has ever watered that much in my life... (And thanks for the "Don't inhale or you'll die at age 19" tip)
SG Black XX in a Sav Poker...

HeeHeHeee! I told you to go easy with it!

TheSmokeamater":aievz9di said:
When you’re puffing BlkXX you can always say…., “Yeah. That’s right MOFO’s! Who within a 500 mile radius is smoking stronger tobacco than me? NOBODY! That’s who!

Is the smoke supposed to look somewhat greenish?!
Zach
(Cough Cough) :shock:

BR Admiral's Flake (Cherry) in a GBD pot. This pipe is an excellent flake smoker, very thick walls with a narrow tobacco chamber.

This is the strongest tobacco, nicotine wise, that I've ever smoked. Don't know how old the baccy is. It's not aromatic anymore, only a faint aroma of dried peaches remained which is VERY nice. It's so dry that it crumbles when I try to roll a flake but it smokes like a dream. I've bought MANY tins of this and smoke it at least once a day.

Mac Baren Vanilla Cream, in my Pete Kildare 03 (my tounge is in love with the 'p' lip) - on my 2nd bowl with my 2nd mug of Colombian.

I often think I was too young to retire but sometimes........

Fraternally

Jers

Erinmore Mixture (Scandinavian Tobacco) in a Mario Grandi freehand that is actually a surprisingly nice smoker. I picked up the mixture at the airport on my way out of town since it was a very good deal. It is actually quite a pleasant smoke, although I know many dislike it.

SpeedyPete":bqfwhaf0 said:
DrT999":bqfwhaf0 said:
F&T Vintage, in a Grabow cob
Grabow cob???

That's new to me! I don't have one!
That's what the sticker on the bottom says (Dr Grabow, Genuine Corn Cob Pipe), anyway. I bought it about 20 years ago, before my 15 year hiatus from pipe smoking; it might be a relabeled MM bent legend.

...this morning, a bowl of Condor Long Cut in my P&T Savinelli 2007 POY straight sandblast bulldog... :D

url=https://servimg.com/view/17600532/29]
savine11.jpg
[/url]

Pipe smoking is not a habit…but a way of life…
Peter A. Dall, sr

Status
Not open for further replies.