What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully my final pipe of the day:

Balkan Sobranie dated 1986, pipe of choice: Bjarne Giant smooth Apple pipe with a bent stem. This pipe was made for me personally by Bjarne. A one of a kind tobacco deserves a one of a kind pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Grasmere Flake in a straight Dutch meer billiard

Finishing up a bowl of Stonehaven in a Rad Davis smooth bent egg.

Finished up a bowl of McB Latakia flake in my new elf super stack. Smokes it very well I'm glad to report

Lane TK-6 date on Mason jar 2006
Pipe of choice: restored Supreme Deluxe Algerian briar Lovat pipe. Smokes excellent and a beautiful grain.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Was in the mood so I just popped a tin:

Erinmore Flake date on tin 2004

Pipe of choice: Peterson System Standard Rusticated 305 Fishtail pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!?

Good morning from Greece, warm sunny day here in Athens.

255051956b03b77bd718ff49a3e82af4fcf52976.jpg

I am smoking Savinelli Black Cavendish.

Solani ABF dated 2011. Now in a Mason jar rehydrated due to defective tin, which had no dents.

Pipe of choice: fully restored to mint condition my handmade/carved Weber Scoop pipe. A beautiful piece of briar which is also an excellent smoking pipe.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

...Low Country Virginia & Oriental in a Pipemaker blast Canadian...

Peter Heinrichs Special Curley dated 2006, a much better blend with age.
Pipe of choice: Savinelli 320KS Punto Oro Classic Natural

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

SWR-A aged just over a year in a Mason jar
Pipe of choice: restored to mint condition....LHS smooth chubby pot with a silver band and a saddle stem.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Captain Earle's Ten Russians date on tin 2005
Pipe of choice: MM Country Gentleman pipe with a bent stem. This MM is dedicated to Lat blends.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Drucquer & Sons Inns of Court in my recently restored Ben Wade Billiard bowl pipe with a very comfortable saddle stem.

QTVEzK5.jpg" style="width: 700px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

now smoking my brand new Savinelli Trevi 320 ks, and going against the grain a bit and using haunted bookshop to break this one in. I intend this to be an english blend pipe eventually but I figured a burley blend I like to smoke would be good fro breaking it in. Drinking a cup of coffee and watching videos on youtube. I don't post here often because I find it awkward on my phone and am not always around my computer. I really wish I could spend more time here but it is what it is. Any chance this forum will ever make it onto tapatalk? I use that for other forums and it's makes it easy to use on the go. Perhaps this is the wrong place to ask but it crossed my mind... so I did. Hope everyone is having a great day.

alrightdriver....^^^^^I own the exact pipe. Superb smoker, hope you enjoy yours!! I break in ALL my new pipes with a Burley Blend

Peretti's DD

Pipe of choice: one of my favorite chubby pots.  It's the LaStrada handmade/carved pot with a 7/8" diameter chamber and the perfect depth for any flake blend as well. Feels great in the hand due to the oval shank and this pipe can be clenched for a long period of time because of the wide comfortable stem.

PS, will not be your last 320KS

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

@LoneCoyote...
I actually really love my new 320. It smokes great and feels perfect in the hand, and after putting a softy bit on it I can also clench it comfortably for when I need both hands for something. I honestly wish I had bought it first before I bought others. I have always heard a burley blend is best for breaking in pipes, specifically carter hall and I have some just laying around, but I just couldn't do it when I have a decent stash of the haunted bookshop also. I have heard that the hb can leave a touch of a ghost with the other tobacco in the blend but I feel that is a small price to pay for how much I enjoy the blend, also expecting to smoke around 6 to 10 bowls of it in the 320 before i switch it over to the english blends I got it for the hb makes it extra enjoyable. Not that carter hall is bad, it just isn't a favorite like the hb is.

alrightdriver^^^^^ Carter Hall aged 10 plus years is usually what I break a briar pipe in with. After 9 to 12 bowls your good to go!!

Wessex Brown Virginia Flake dated 2010

Pipe of choice: restored Kaywoodie very chubby handmade/carved pot.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Frog Morton on the Town in my :
GBD Fantasy Partially Sandblasted Billiard. I'm the original owner and purchased this pipe I believe in Georgia around 1978.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.