What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am taking this opportunity to post a picture of yesterday's pipe. I smoked three bowls of Walnut in this new Brissett. This is another amazing Brissett creation. I guess you would call it a quarter bent Danish style egg/billiard. I have not dout that this will become one of my favorite smokers. Everything about the pipe is perfect! Sorry about the photo being so large! My laptop is being refreshed by corporate and I won't have my new one until tomorrow and I don't have a pix converter program on my desktop.

NewBrissett2.JPG

I was up early this AM and started out with a bowl of Laurel Heights. Darned good smoke! Now I'm drying out some 2015
straight to smoke in a meer!

McQuaid's Square Cut in a Northern Briars bent bulldog.

Good Morning All,

Old Joe Krantz in a Stanwell.

-7c expect to go up to +2c

:) Paul

So far today has been Walnut in another Brissett. Looking at the same thing for my mid-day smoke. Nothing can beat the combination!

Brissett530-3.jpg

Those are some fine looking Brissetts there JP. If they smoke as nice as they look then you must really be enjoying them. :cheers: :pipe:

Todays ride home will be SG Medium Va Flake in a Tinsky Danish Author. :pipe:

A little maltese falcon in my omega. I love working in a smoke shop!

Even' All, In my 20th Anniversary Pipe from Tim Hynick, G&H's Brown Flake '05, delicious, in a wonderful Calabash! Ken. :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue: From The Frigid Northeast Kingdom! :tongue: :pale: :penguin:

Earlier today, Engine #99 in a Pete Shamrock brandy. Just finished a bowl of Odyssey in a small Bertram billiard :pipe: FTRPLT

G.H. & co Curly Cut in a Castello Old Antiquari bulldog

On this day in 1937 John Steinbeck published his novel Of Mice and Men. It was a short book, just 186 pages, the story of two migrant farm workers: George Milton and his simple-minded friend, Lennie Small. Steinbeck had worked as a farmhand. He wanted to write fiction about the hard life of migrant farm workers during the Great Depression and write it in a way that would be accessible to the workers themselves. He had seen how successful theater performances were in farm camps, so he decided to write a novel that was made up almost entirely of dialogue and could easily be made into a play.

He took the title from lines by the Scottish poet Robert Burns: "The best-laid schemes of mice and men / Gang aft a-gley," or, "The best-laid plans of mice and men / Often go awry."

Steinbeck was almost finished when his dog tore the manuscript to shreds. But he rewrote the novel, and it was published on this day in 1937 and made into a play later the same year. These days, Of Mice and Men is required reading in most high school English classes.

http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

Good Morning All,

C&D Manhattan Afternoon in a Wolfgang.

-13c and foggy

:) Paul

Sail Natural Duth Cavendish in a Stawell 63-M

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men/Often go Awry (quote from Puffs, every time I try to quote just a line I get the whole post)

Great, allthough tragic, story. I never saw the play, but the screen-play with Robert Blake was good also. Can't recall who played Lenny, must be the meds, or the late 60's. :lol:

EJinVA":6lmcdhoc said:
Those are some fine looking Brissetts there JP. If they smoke as nice as they look then you must really be enjoying them. :cheers: :pipe:
EJ,

Mike Brissett makes some of the finest smoking pipes on the market!

Status
Not open for further replies.