What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marlin Flake in a Dunhill shellbriar small billiard

12c going up to 17c overcast

CM in a small Dr. Grabow while puttering in the yard.

pipesandcigars.com- Butternut Burley almost zero after taste, I'm really liking this blend :D

Louisiana fl. '04 in my McCrannie's bent Ashton, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

shipment arrived today.

my first non-drugstore brand tobac.

macbaren mixture flake in the peterson 314. probably should have loaded it in the larger no name bent i have.

i wont write a review as i dont believe i have the exp. to comment a lot on it.

folded and stuffed 1 flake ala macbaren method. not too bad for a first shot at it.

little wet...........could use some air time.

taste- sweet! this rated as not sweet? throughout i continue to catch the sweetness. dont know if its the light nonexistent casing or the virginias ive heard so much about. i like it.

i occassionally catch some grassy/hay flavors.........then to the sweet again. i would have sworn some cinnamon on the char light.

very wet.........bottom of the pete objected by hissing some here and there.

macbite? dont know what that is and i was puffing the hades out of it. maybe some are intolerant of virginias. did not detect cavendish or burley.

overall light sweet smoke. nose exhale good.

the big question for this eve............ peterson deluxe ore UF?

camoham

Embarcadero '07, in my SS 1c rustic Cavachi canadien, Ken :tongue:
Pacem en Puffing! :tongue:

*camoham":mn05p9uy said:
shipment arrived today.

macbaren mixture flake in the peterson 314. probably should have loaded it in the larger no name bent i have.

folded and stuffed 1 flake ala macbaren method. not too bad for a first shot at it.

taste- sweet! this rated as not sweet? throughout i continue to catch the sweetness. dont know if its the light nonexistent casing or the virginias ive heard so much about. i like it.

i occassionally catch some grassy/hay flavors.........then to the sweet again. i would have sworn some cinnamon on the char light.

macbite? dont know what that is and i was puffing the hades out of it. maybe some are intolerant of virginias. did not detect cavendish or burley.

camoham
Camo....
Be careful of Mac b. when it is to wet. Macb. has a reputation for being a biter across the board. Give it plenty of air brother. Cellar time will do it good as well.
Their navy flake is of the best in the business!
Good luck.

Erinmore Flake and McClelland St. James Woods.... also what's left of some McB's Va. #1 and Stokkebye Luxury Flake.

Piet Binsbergen":6xh171b1 said:
*camoham":6xh171b1 said:
shipment arrived today.

camoham
Camo....
Be careful of Mac b. when it is to wet. Macb. has a reputation for being a biter across the board. Give it plenty of air brother. Cellar time will do it good as well.
Good luck.
Yes the Mac B Va #1 is one of my faves. As Piet said, it is better after it dries a little... I had a bowl this afternoon and loved it.

MisterE":gi9wv7na said:
Piet Binsbergen":gi9wv7na said:
*camoham":gi9wv7na said:
shipment arrived today.

camoham
Camo....
Good luck.
Yes the Mac B Va #1 is one of my faves. As Piet said, it is better after it dries a little... I had a bowl this afternoon and loved it.
thats what i couldnt believe. even though wet, i still didnt percieve any bite.

the UF was a strong surpise. im gonna let that age before trying it again.............maybe not my cup of tea.

the pete deluxe was alright but nothing to write home about in my opinion.

so out of the 3 im likin' the macbaren mixture flake. sweet light smoke in my opinion. cost vs weight wise seems to be a good bargain.

camoham

McClelland 5100 in a Savinelli david's choice billiard shape.

13c going up to 25c

Wife is arriving back from Nova Scotia. Goota make push on getting the house in shape and cleaning up the scrap wood from the old deck.

Just got in from the office........
A big bowl of OJK in a Ser Jac blasted dublin Nitschke gifted me..........
This is one of the best smokes I have had in a long time!!!!!! perfect combo in my opinion here along with the Tsuge I smoke the stuff in aswell.

Camo, Wierd how tastes differ. I for one love UF, one of the best Pete blends out there. I buy a tin a month for the cellar.
Good on ya if the Mac B. doesn't bite. I find it hectic when fresh and wet especially Golden Extra.
Some air time will sort out the hissing in the pipe. Cellar time produces a rounded smoke. The sharp edges come off, especially VA blends!
Good luck and Enjoy bro!
Give Mac B. Navy flake and Club blend a whirl when you get a gap. They are my favorite Mac. B blends, hope you like them too!

After-dinner bowl of Old Gowrie in a Jan Pietenpauw rhodesian.

Status
Not open for further replies.