What are you snuffing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OM Moulin Rouge

First time on this one.  I love cherries, so this is right in my wheelhouse.   :cherry:   I also get the brandy, wood and spices.  A bit more burn and subsequent runny nose than some of the other OM blends, but manageable.  The aroma lasts and lasts with a mellow buzz.  Very nice.

F&T French Carotte with a bowl of London Mixture. Suprisingly nice combo.

OM Equinox (Spring 2015)

Very lemony and floral tin aroma. Sniffing yields much of the same with a very pronounced burn right behind my eyes. Got me squinting and teary-eyed for a bit. Must be the zest + mint, so I'll have to lower the dose next time. With this I've now sampled all my initial OM purchases. Very good overall.

I've started spackling with this one and most other OM's as they are so fine. The behind the eyeball burn is likely an inhale wafting a load up into your sinus zone. Produces the classic "WheeHaw Batman! DAT be some powfull snuff!!!" effect.

Also, I get the same aromas as you...I love this one...light, bright, very Spring.

According to the following formula OM's are a real bargain, even at four times the cost of good blends like Viking/SG etc.

V = $/QA (where V is Value, $ is cost and QA is quality x duration of Aroma). lol

Blackhorse":yhtrg503 said:
According to the following formula OM's are a real bargain, even at four times the cost of good blends like Viking/SG etc.

V = $/QA (where V is Value, $ is cost and QA is quality x duration of Aroma). lol
And sadly, that formula is precisely why most of Toque's offerings lose some value. Love the scents, and the price point is below OM, but the aroma just doesn't stick around (a few exceptions to the rule). I LOVE Toque Coke. Very authentic Coca-Cola aroma, but it lasts about .549 seconds before it's faded to nothing.

BH: You're probably right about the burn. My nose was somewhat dry today and the grains likely found a more open path up my sinus.

But WheeHaw, OM in general be some good snuff! :pirate:

Just finished lunch and had some WoS Peach Melba for dessert.

I agree with the comment on Olde Mill quality. But it's more than that. Daniel takes his blends to a totally different place than other blenders. His approach is both from a tobacco and from a culinary perspective. He marries the two into something far above what anyone else is doing. There's Sir Walter Scott's line of course, but Daniel seems above that with his attention to unique and singular tobacco blends. I'm very, very proud he is an American blender.

Blackhorse":x9htz5w5 said:
I agree with the comment on Olde Mill quality. But it's more than that. Daniel takes his blends to a totally different place than other blenders. His approach is both from a tobacco and from a culinary perspective. He marries the two into something far above what anyone else is doing.
Layers and layers and layers. That's what I love about his snuff. Each pinch has layers that build, wax, wane, develop. And if you stick with the same OM snuff throughout the day, the way those layers work their various magics change, too. ALCHEMY, I TELLS YA!

Still Toque Whiskey and Honey.

I'll probably fridge it after today - it's a good snuff, but I can't take it for more than a few days before it becomes a bit old hat.

Let's get this whole thing taken care of at once! This morning, up to Noon, I'll be dipping into one or more of the following:

Viking Dark
F&T Santo Domingo and/or Princes
NTSU Black
Gawith Kendal Brown

There. That aught to do it.

----------------

Oh! And BTW...I found a new vendor of snuff gear on Amazon...so...low cost shipping to CONUS. I'm not recommending the vendor yet, but they did get my order for a sweet looking titanium snuff tool (spoon-like) assigned a tracking number in just a few hours. So there's that much.

See the storefront here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/node/index.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A3CEUMKZKZCEPA&merchant=A3CEUMKZKZCEPA&redirect=true

WoS Peach Melba
OM Equinox

Still getting a good burn on the Equinox, but not as bad as yesterday. :sunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.